Demons | Teen Ink

Demons

By Bennedict BRONZE, West Chester, Ohio
Bennedict BRONZE, West Chester, Ohio

The only certainties in life are death and taxes...if only they came in that order!
Mark Twain

I have demons. Not the scary ones that live under your bed. And i'm not talking about the ones that slam doors and open windows, these demons are mine. I made them, I live with them, they are here forever. Some of them I made on accident. The innocence of my youth beaten into hiding so that I could remain strong. But my fault, all my fault. Others, I made willingly, I crafted them, perfected them, sharpened them to a point so they could fly faster and bury themselves deeper into other people's hearts. but they would stay with me, always. I cannot shake them. They haunt me. Every time I see a glimpse of the life I could have had, they shut me out, they drag me down. They blindfold my eyes, and remind me that while they are the demons, I am the monster. I am the master, but I am the slave. I cannot face the light of day. So I hide, in the shadows, with my demons. They whisper in the dark. Horrible, awful things. Accusations, each one of them sharp and bloody. But I cannot deny them, are they not the truth? I am hideous. Maybe once, i was beautiful, before them. I hate them. I damn them what i have, but I have nothing. in the end, I cannot touch them. I have to trust them. I love them. They guid me. I cannot let them go. they control me. I have demons. They are everything.

demons are powerful. Some are regrets, others are faliures or embarrasments, or memories or words. they stay with you forever.