Buy More Money! | Teen Ink

Buy More Money!

March 26, 2015
By tankedman BRONZE, Cupertino, California
tankedman BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The economy was crashing. People were too poor. Someone had to do something. He was going to be a chief. “Why don’t people stop being poor?” He inquired, “They could just buy more money.” Many people were on board with this idea. “Fix the economy! Buy more money! Stop being poor!” they ranted. Advertisements had to be created. Many signs were put around town. “Buy more money!” they read. “It will be easy!” people said. It didn’t take too long before the trend caught on to buy more money. He was named a hero and instantly made chief.

Yet this idea of “buying more money” was such a simple concept. It was so simple in fact, that the action of “buying more money” was so hard to grasp. People didn’t know what to do. Then the chief got angry. “Go buy more money before it’s too late! Before people start dying from hunger and lack of shelter!” “Go! Go!” The people still did not understand. “How is it possible to buy more money?” they questioned. “How do you buy money when you don’t have any?” But it was too late. The chief was too powerful. He forced people to buy money or they would go to jail. No one wanted to go to jail. Yet so many people believed him. He could not be stopped. Now everyone was in jail. No one could grasp the concept of “buying more money.” It was too late. This time, for real.