The Untold Story of General Barrett | Teen Ink

The Untold Story of General Barrett

By richardbrackett BRONZE, Grover N.C., North Carolina
richardbrackett BRONZE, Grover N.C., North Carolina

During the summer of 1941 a General by the name of General Barrett had just been promoted to his current rank. This was right before the war that would later be called World War Two started. The General was out hunting one night in the backwoods of N.C. when he was contacted that he had received the promotion that he always wanted.

That night he was told he would be shipped off to Europe to help fight against Germany and Russia in World War Two. By this time he had became good friends with his first lutinette named Jared Johnson. During the campaign they had many glorious battles like the battle of Stalingrad.

One night while the General and his men were sleeping a German spy snuck into the camp kidnaped the lieutenant in his sleep.When the General awoke he was being warned of a spy that had left a note about Lieutenant Johnson and his ransom price of one hundred thousand dollars

The General made the decision that they wouldn't pay the ransom so they made a plan to invade a nearby german camp to see if he was there. the plan was simple get in and search the two main places the prison part of the camp and the torture room. The general took three men without guns so they wouldn't make as much noise to infiltrate the enemy camp.

The first place they checked was the prison section of the camp but they did not find him. Then they searched the torture chamber and found him sitting in a corner drenched in sweat and covered with cuts and scars.The started out of the camp but where met by three guards who sounded the alarm before being silenced. This made the task at hand much more difficult for the four ment to get the lead lieutenant out alive. They ran through gunfire and grenade blasts to get him out safe the general got shot in his right shoulder three times. From that day onward the General could not go hunting without remembering this traumatic event in his life.

The person who inspired me to write this peace is David R. who is a senior at KMHS that is going into the military in infantry. He loves to hunt and will soon be in some situations that may or may not be like the situation i described in theis story.