Our War Is Here. | Teen Ink

Our War Is Here.

By TrippyTradgies SILVER, Mansfield, Texas
TrippyTradgies SILVER, Mansfield, Texas

My mind is like a speeding bullet that refuses to slow down.

The war had begun.
The once blue skies turned lavender and orange. The earth was furious with everything, that natural disasters erupted almost every second. Since the beginning, a year ago, everything and everyone internally turned gray. The air was filled with the clouds of private fears and no one could get away. Every living creature fled for some type of safety; there wasn't a shelter to be had. It was late December and the skies were as hot as a summer day. There was no hope for survival.

This happened for months on end. Animals hid and cried out from unknown causes. The adults were too weak and too stupid to try and save anyone. The kids were locked up in their rooms because of parents, fear, and depression. The kids sat on their bedroom floors with reversed tears and fearful colors surrounding them. No one was okay. The longer the clouds covered them in a wave of dread, the worse it became. Some people couldn't take it and processed to ending everything they knew; starting with themselves.

Silence roared though the streets like the call of a mighty lion. The only sound that took place was the crumbling of modern day coliseums and jet lag beauty. There was no answer nor a call to duty. Everyone laid on their backs in hiding, waiting for the beginning of the end.

At the end of another cold month, one kid said, 'enough was enough' and kicked down her bedroom door. She ripped the chains off of battered skin and removed the hands of the frightened. Leaving her worst fears on the bedroom floor was just the beginning. So, she travelled the world looking for the ones who were dead inside; the ones that have been beaten and broken but are ready to run away. People slammed doors in her face and she became sick many times but she kept going. Until she found them, three misfit kids. They became the forgotten elements: anger, passion, madness, and love. No one had a clue how to feel these any more, so they took to the streets and began a revolution.
With loud confident voices, they screamed!

"Come out of the boxes you lock yourselves in. We are not captive. We are as free as hawks once used to be. Breaking the barriers of a journey and determination. We are wild. We are warriors. Am I speaking to cowards? It this what you want to be remembered as? Stand up and fight,"

People peeped their heads through the darkened shades of their handmade jail cells. Kids looked out in wonder and curiosity while the adults shook their heads in disapproval.

"We are the mighty. We sit around and wait for someone to save us but we must save ourselves. Have you looked around and noticed we are destroying ourselves. We are putting the blinds over our eyes and choose to cry instead of fight,"

A few kids came charging out of the houses, breaking the hands of their parents off their backs. As they ran to the streets, blades and scars fell out of their back pockets with forgotten years of misery. The misfits stood with their open arms. They cried the tears of a different emotion, that sparked the fire of hidden hope.

"We are the broken. But you are loved and we give you the weapons to love. We can change the world while changing ourselves. We have to be broken to be fixed. We must fight for our rights of freedom. We are young. We are the fearless youth!"

They began chanting 'we are the fearless youth' and created an army for the new evolution. They were warriors with loaded hearts and mind for creation. They marched the streets and the numbers were growing.
All because of four people.
That began with one voice.
To change what no one else would.
Society.

on Feb. 19 2015 at 4:59 am
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

I noticed you mentioned 'kids' twice: "The kids were locked up in their rooms because of parents, fear, and depression. The kids sat on their bedroom floors with reversed tears and fearful colors surrounding them." I think you meant teen in the first sentence. However, I do like the overall concept and I think you did very well writing this. I look forward to seeing more from you. A few parts I especially liked: "Silence roared though the streets like the call of a mighty lion", "People peeped their heads through the darkened shades of their handmade jail cells," and "breaking the hands of their parents off their backs". You're a very good writer, please do continue.