A Lost Goddess | Teen Ink

A Lost Goddess

By R.D.Bookworm SILVER, Moundsview, Minnesota
R.D.Bookworm SILVER, Moundsview, Minnesota

Sunrays shown down brightly on a meadow with wild flowers scattered among the tall blades of emerald green grass. A chilling yet gentle breeze glided through the air. With a shiver a girl sat up on the meadow grass and stretched her arms with a yawn.  Her brunette hair sat in pigtails and she was wearing a plain purple dress with a blue ribbon wrapped around her waist. Opening her eyes she sat confused as the breeze formed waves in the sea of grass.  That girl is me. 'Where am I?' the panicked thought raced through my mind. I looked at my clothes to search for the answer, but in return received a thousand more questions.

"Who am I?"  I asked in a whisper. I searched my mind for any bits of information I had.  'The land of lost Objects and Time' the words formed like sunlight through thick fog. "That is where I shall go for all lost things travel there. So my memories must be there too!" I said to myself. 'But how shall I get there?”  I wondered with a frown as I began to walk to wherever my feet took me.

I walked on and on until everything vanished and was left blank. I looked around at the blinding, glittering, fresh fallen snow white surroundings. "Aw dearest little sister have you come to visit or is it something else?" asked a male voice sounding in its 20's. I jumped surprised by the voice. "You call me your sister so you must know who I am?”  I asked unable to see the being I was talking to. "So you have lost your own memories dear sister. I am your elder brother God of Nothingness. What a pity that I and your other siblings are cursed to not tell you a word of the memories you have lost. Keep traveling little sister, for our eldest sister shall help guide your way back home, sort of.” spoke the invisible being. "I give you my many thanks...brother.” I replied as a shiver slipped down my spine.

I traveled onward hoping to stumble upon wherever I needed to go. After an hours walk I stopped to rest and sat on a large stone shaped like a throne. “Aw dear sister Losme Memlos, as an object of mine been lost again?” asked a female that seemed to be about 18 years old. Her blue eyes sparkled and she pushed her rainbow colored hair aside. “Losme is that my name?” I asked. “Of course silly! Oh, you have lost your own memory haven’t you? Hmm…knew it would happen sooner or later. Oh let me reintroduce myself to you! I am Flowgette your eldest sibling Goddess of all things forgotten. That includes memories, and people.  Forgotten things stay with me until they are remembered or else they become lost and end up in your realm.” explained Flowgette. I sat and thought as Flowgette jabbered away about nonsense.

“Losme, remember the only way to end up here is to be forgotten or use magic, and the only way you can get back home to recover your memory is to become lost.” reminded Flowgette. “But are not I already lost?” I asked sadly. “Well then it shouldn’t be too hard to find your realm now will it?” Flowgette asked as she skipped away happily. With a deep calming breath I wandered off again. As the scenery slowly changed from weird and wacky to beautifully hideous, with twisted trees, thorns, thistles, and scummy ponds I saw a small girl in front of me. “Excuse me miss… do you by any chance know where we are?” I asked shyly. “No um…actually I am lost. I never really knew where I was going in the first place though.  I am the goddess of wandering and the path untaken by most.” then the little girl gasped once she saw who she was talking to.  “Losme, my older sister. Nice to see you again. We should be nearing your house soon.” smiled the little girl. Sure enough a small house that seemed more like a shed than a house soon came into view and like magic my memories washed over me like a rough ocean wave.

If you ever can’t remember something no matter how hard you try or lose something and never find it again here is where those things are. In my realm of lost objects and memories. With me they will stay until someone comes to claim them. Who am I? In short: I am the girl who will never age for in the land of all that is lost, time has been lost too. The girl trapped forever in a land of lost objects left to wander the never ending lost worlds. I am always lonely yet I am content to be here. A world where I can dream. I am that girl who is always alone but goes on the greatest adventures of all time.  Only few others know my name. My name is Losme Memlos. The Goddess of lost Memories and Objects.

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

\

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences