the nightmare | Teen Ink

the nightmare

I awoke in the middle of a forest completely surrounded by trees. It was dark, the kind of dark that gave you tingles up and down your spine. I lived for that feeling. As my eyes ajusted to the blunt darkness, I felt cold hands, and then lips, colder than ice on mine. " Wake up my love," said an alluing voice, "The sun came to greet you this glorious morning." I opened my eyes to see before me, two gorgous lapis lazuli eyes, a pale face, dark brown hair, and light pink lips. I gasped, he was beautiful. Then suddenly, his blue eyes had a merderiuos darkness to them, his perfect lips turned blood red and his hair turned black. A vicious snarl came from his throat, he pulled back his red lips, two sharp dagger like teeth gleemed in the darkness, his smile evil. He lunged for my throat. I screamed and woke up. Beads of sweat ran down my face. Just a dream, I thought, Just a dream. But when I reached up and foel the hollow of my throat, two small wounds had appered.

I wrote this peice on a dream I had. Hope you enjoy it! :)

drumminmama said...
That's really good girl! I love your imagery. I can totally see it all happening in my head.