Corruption into Love

I saw him in place, a place that wasn’t my dreams. And knew that he was coming. Coming straight for me. And the winds, they blew in warnings. And the birds, they flew in circles around me. And the day, it was now night, for he was here for all to see. He smiled sweetly and I took a step back, because a smile so sweet, meant nothing but death. His eyes met mine and I knew I was caught, because no one could look away from evil. His arms went around me and I knew that I was his. His mouth met mine and I took in all the sins. His knife broke my heart, and I didn’t cry out, because although the fire burns, once you reach it you never want to put it out.

And when I woke he kept holding me. And when I spoke he hushed me. And when I felt an absence of a heart he told me: I couldn’t have taken your heart if you didn’t give it to me. And I wanted to hate him. And I wanted to kiss him. But now that he had my heart, he had all of me. And now that he had my heart, he would keep me. And that I had to love him. For all of eternity.

He saw me in a place, a place that wasn’t his dreams. And knew that I was coming. Coming straight for him. And the winds, they blew in circles. And the birds, they flew in away in warning. And the night, it would never be day, because I was here for all to see. I smiled sweetly and he took a step back, because a smile so sweet, meant nothing but death. His eyes met mine and he knew that he was caught, because no one could look away from evil. My arms went around him and he knew that he was mine. My mouth met his and he took in all the sins. My knife broke his heart, and he didn’t cry out, because although the fire burns, once you reach it you never want to put it out.

And when he woke I kept holding him. And when he spoke I hushed him. And when he felt an absence of a heart I told him: I couldn’t have taken your heart if you didn’t give it to me. And he wanted to hate me. And he wanted to kiss me. But now that I had his heart, I had all of him. And now that I had his heart, I would keep him. And that he had to love me. For all of eternity.

And the winds, they blew in warnings. And the birds, they flew in circles around the dead. Because they all knew what was coming. The creatures that corrupt. Filled with love that was the ending. The ending of us all. When the knife pierced their hearts, no one cried out, because although it was the ending, once you feel it you never want to put it out.