Emily And Edward | Teen Ink

Emily And Edward

By saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other

A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)

“Emily! Emily! Come down at once!” shouts Mrs.Brontaunt
“Coming... m’lady!” replies Emily running downstairs as quickly as her little legs can take her. She has an apron on top of her pretty yet simple pink dress.
“Emily... we have to go to Mr. Walton’s House today. I want you to marry the young boy Edward. He’s a nice young lad and this marriage will obviously bring a lot of money into our family. Your mother told me to take care of you and now I will.” says Mrs. Brontaunt
Emily listens to Mrs.Brontaunt speak all about how great the marriage can be and how money it’ll bring.
“Now go and get ready.” says Mrs.Brontaunt
“Yes Ma’am.” says Emily going to her room
Mrs.Brontaunt was Emily’s aunt. When Emily’s parents died...they last will entrusted Emily to Mrs.Brontaunt. So since that day Emily lived Mrs.Brontaunt and Mrs.Brontaunt made her do a lot of work but Mrs.Brontaunt gave Emily a good education and seemed to love Emily as well, so no one thought that Mrs.Brontaunt didn’t love Emily. But Emily knew otherwise.
She quickly gets dressed into the nicest dress that she has.
After sometime…Mrs.Brontaunt gets the car ready and they drive to Mr. Walton house... no mansion.
So they get there and Mrs.Brontaunt knocks on the door and they go in straight away.
“So Mrs.Brontaunt this is your niece, I presume?” Asks Mr. Walton
“Yes, the only niece I have.” answers Mrs.Bontaunt
“I see and quite a beauty she is too.” Says Mr. Walton admiring Emily.
Mrs.Brontaunt smiles. “You are very kind, Mr. Walton” she says “Where is your son, Edward?”
“Oh yes. I was so busy admiring your niece; I couldn’t introduce my own son to you!” Says Mr. Walton “I’ll tell him to come down.” and the man starts to climb a long staircase.
“Now remember, Emily. This marriage is important so don’t ruin anything.” Says Mrs.Brontaunt as soon as he leaves.
Mr. Walton comes down with his son.
“Mrs.Brontaunt, this is my son Edward and Edward this is the beautiful Mrs.Brontaunt and her gorgeous “daughter Emily.” Says Mr. Walton introducing everyone to eachother.
“Why don’t you and I go out Mr. Walton and let the two talk with eachother?” asks Mrs.Brontaunt
“Splendid idea Mrs.Brontaunt.” Says Mr. Walton and opening the door he says “Right this way.”
Mrs.Brontaunt smiles and walks out.
“With the way Mrs.Brontaunt is flirting, I think she’s already has plans on what to do if Edward doesn’t like me and the marriage doesn’t work. She’ll just marry Mr. Walton! Wow! She really knows how to use the 64 charms that women have!” thinks Emily watching the two walk out.
“I’m Edward as you already know and you’re Emily. So what…” Thinks Edward trying to make conversation. “No that won’t work. Think Edward think. What do you say to a beautiful girl who’s proposed to you?”
“Why isn’t this guy talking? Maybe I should start.” thinks Emily
“Hi.” both say at once
Edward slightly laughs. “Hi.” He says
“Hi.”Repeats Emily returning the smile
“So have you finished University?” asks Edward
“No, you?”
“No. I want to but I don’t know how I can when I get married”
“Me neither. My aunt won’t let me go anyway. She thinks it’s a waste.”
“She doesn’t care cause you’re not her daughter?”
Emily stays silent.
“Why don’t we tell my father to send us both to University, so that we can get to know eachother better and also study... and after that we can think of marriage..” says Edward
Emily starts to think.
“But of course if neither of us love eachother and find someone else to love, then this marriage will not happen.” explains Edward
“I would like that very much. Thank you.” Says Emily smiling
Edward smiles and they tell Mr. Walton.
“Splendid!” Exclaims Mr.walton
Mrs.Brontaunt stays silent. “This was Emily’s idea, I suppose?” She asks at last
“No, it’s mine. I told my father about it earlier as well. Before meeting Emily of course.” answers Edward
Mr. Walton nods.
“Yes and I agree. Both of you should go to Briling and attend The Holly University. You can stay in my sisters house which is only 15 minutes away from the University.” says Mr. Walton
Mrs.Brontaunt says nothing and after a week, Edward and Emily leave the country to attend university.
“Once you get there, show the university your papers, and act normal.” says Edward in the plane.
“Thanks and okay.” says Emily
Edward laughs.
“What so funny?” asks Emily
“You are…relax Emily... Mrs.Brontaunt isn’t here.” answers Edward
Emily scowled. “I know she isn’t.” she says
Her scowl makes Edward laugh even louder.
“Hey we're trying to get some sleep here! Do you mind shutting up?” asks a man in front of them
“Oh Sorry sir.” answers Edward
Emily slightly smiles. “You deserve it.” She says
Edward smiles too. “At least it made you smile.” he replies
Emily smiled even harder. She puts on her headphones and starts to watch a movie.
Once they land in Briling, Edward quickly helps Emily get the bags and the two of them get off the plane.
“Oh Briling sure is beautiful. Do you come here often, Edward?”Asks Emily
“I visit my Aunt twice a year and yes, Briling is very beautiful.” answers Edward
Emily smiles and they walk out of the airport.
Edward stops a taxi. “Take us to No.14 Level Three Avenue, please.” says Edward getting into the taxi after Emily.
They soon arrive at Edward’s Aunts house and they get down.
Edward takes out the bags and they climb the stairs to the house.
Edward rings the bell as the taxi drives away.
Edward looks at Emily who looks worried and is staring at the door waiting for it to open.
Edward slowly takes hold of Emily’s hand. “Don’t worry.”
Emily looks at him and smiles. “I’m just a little scared. What if things don’t work out?” asks Emily
“Don’t worry; everything will work out as long as we’re together, right?” Asks Edward
Emily smiles with a nod just as the door opens and a lady in her 60’s is standing in front of them wearing a blue dress.
“Edward! How nice it is to see you, dear.” Says the lady
“Likewise, Aunt Michelle. This is Emily.” says Edward introducing Emily to his aunt.
“Ah…the lucky girl who is to marry you. You look gorgeous my dear.” Says Aunt Michelle taking hold of Emily’s hand. “Now come on... let me show you my petite castle.”
Emily looks at Edward as she is being led inside the house by his Aunt and Edward smiles and nods his head.
“Yes…Aunt Michelle, you are right. She is very gorgeous but….the girl who would marry me? Oh…that is something we have yet to see. And lucky? Oh no…she is not lucky to marry me, I am lucky if she is willing to marry me. Any man that she falls in love with would be very lucky.” Thought Edward watching Emily walk away with his Aunt.
Rexy comes out to greet me and wags his tail frantically.
“Hey Boy! Missed me?”Asks Edward
Rexy barks and holds out his hand to Edward.
“Do you think she’ll love me, boy?”Asks Edward sitting down and coddling Rexy.
“Woof woof! “Barks Rexy
Edward laughs… “I hope so too, boy.” Says Edward getting up and going into the house.
Rexy follows Edward.
“Edward…come here, dear. What shall I make? Cookies or Muffins?” asks Aunt Michelle
“Cookies would be great, Aunt Michelle.” answers Edward
Edward finds Emily in the garden looking at the flowers.
“Beautiful, isn’t it?” asks Edward
“Oh yes…very beautiful.” answers Emily “Your Aunt has a beautiful collection of flowers.”
“Yes...she does but now...there’s something even more beautiful for her to look at.” says Edward looking at Emily.
Emily looks at Edward. “What is it?” she asks
“You.” says Edward.
Emily’s cheeks start to get red. “So that’s sweet, Edward! Thank you.” she says
Edward laughs.
“What?”Asks Emily
“You’re cheeks...they’re red.” Answers Edward
Emily touches her cheeks.
Edward laughs even harder. “The color won’t come to your hand just because you touch it, silly!” he says
Emily frowns which make Edward laugh even louder.
“Oh quit it, Edward!”Shouts Emily
“You look so funny when you’re annoyed. I love to annoy you.” Says Edward
“Well....I don’t know” says Emily and she walks away.
“Oh come on, Emily! Fine I won’t annoy you again! Oh Come on....!” says Edward walking after Emily
Emily laughs and runs away. “Catch me before I get inside the house...if you can!” she shouts
“Oh so she wants me to run?”Asks Edward
“I dare you...” says Emily looking at him.
“Dare? Oh that’s a bad idea...a really bad idea....she’s about to get caught cause I always win dares.” says Edward running after Emily.
Emily runs as fast as she can and Edward runs after her.
They run and run but the garden is so huge and they were so far from the house that the distance they have to run is very large.
“I’m tired, Emily. Stop.” says Edward stopping at a tree
“Give up?”Asks Emily stopping a distance away from him
“No...”Says Edward smiling
“Then I won’t stop.” says Emily laughing
Edward laughs. “Don’t want me to win...do you?” he asks
“Nope.” Says Emily shaking her head.
“Well...I will...so watch out!”Edward says starting to run again.
Emily quickly runs away. She sees the house...she’s almost there.
She increases her speed and just as she’s about to keep her foot on porch.....
“Gotcha!”Says Edward taking hold of Emily’s hand.
Emily laughs. “But I was so close!”She says and laughs.
Edward laughs and pulls her close to him. “This close?” He asks
Emily looks into his eyes. She sees the look of seriousness in his eyes. Her smile slowly fades as she absorbs his look. Her heart begins to beat fast.
She frees herself from his grip and smiles. “No....not that close but not that far either.” she says and runs into the house. Edward watches her run away from him.
“What did you do, Edward?”Edward asks from himself. “ This close? What was that supposed to mean? What would she have thought of you? How can you face her again?And What did she mean by ‘Not that close but not that far either?’ ”
Edward begins to walk around the garden.
Emily runs to the kitchen to drink some water. “What just happened?”she asks herself as she drinks water. “What did you mean,Emily? Not that close but not that far either? And What did Edward mean when he asked “This close?” What is going on,Emily? Whatever it is...just forget it and act normal.” Emily said to herself.
Aunt Michelle came into the kitchen. “Oh..Emily! I baked some cookies..would like to eat them now?”
“Cookies would be nice,Lady Michelle.”asnswers Emily
“Shush! Just call me ‘Aunt Michelle’,dear. I like that much better than being called Lady.” Aunt Michelle whispers to Emily.
Emily smiles. “Cookies would be great,Aunt Michelle.” She says
“Good. Then go enjoy these cookies with Edward. I have to go for a while..tell Edward I’ll be back soon. And You take care while I’m gone,Okay?” asks Aunt Michelle
Emily nods. “Yes ma’am....I mean...yes,Aunt Michelle.”
Aunt Michelle laughs. “Now go eat those cookies..silly girl.”
Emily smiles..takes the cookie container and goes to the garden where she hopes she’d be able to find Edward.
“Edward! I got cookies!”shouts Emily as she walks to Edward.
“Oh good..she doesn’t seem to mind what happened.” Edwards thinks.
“Can I have some?”asks Edward
“Oh good...he doesn’t seem to mind what happened.” Emily thinks while she walks to him.
“Yes you can and Aunt Michelle told me to tell you that she’s going out and will be back soon and she wants us to take care.”
“oh..ok.”says Edward. “Um...about what happened..”
Emily looks at Edward. “Hmm?”
“I’m sorry...did I make you feel uncomfortable?”he asks
Emily looks at Edward again but this time she stares for a longer time. Edward stares back.
“Did I?”asks Emily
“Maybe we should forget it,huh?”asks Edward realizing that neither of them could clearly understand what happened.
Emily nods. “Yes..that’s a good idea.”
Days....Months....and Years go on in this way...Emily and Edward become the best of friends. The little incident is never mentioned of again.
They go to university and graduate. Emily gets a job in a foreign country. Though Edward wishes she would stay...and though Emily wishes Edward would ask her to stay, Edward does not ask her to stay in fear that she may reject his offer but encourages her to take the job and pursue her dreams. Emily thinks that Edward does not love her and agrees that it is best if she leaves.
So the two part...but only to meet again.
“We’re trapped Emily. There’s no way out.They got guns and we got nothing...”
“Yeah,They probably won’t steal from us.They’re calling their boss.They think they can hold us for ransom..they think we’re from rich families.”
“You think so?”asks Edward
“Positive..but they won’t be able to do that if my plan works...”says Emily
Edward looks at her.That smile…she’s got a plan..
“Oh no,Emily. I know that smile.How can you do something even you’re not sure of?Besides,I’m the guy here.Let me think of what to do,ok?”Edward tells Emily.
Emily frowns at him. “Well..Mr.I-am-the guy…you got a plan? NO! So let me try mine.I’ve changed more than you think..I can handle this.”
“But…”starts Edward abut Emily stops him.
“Don’t worry,Nova. I know what I’m doing.Just rust me and help me,k?”asks Emily
“But..what if you get hurt?”asks Edward
“Just trust me…”says Emily “ If I know that you believe in me…I’ll be just fine.”
Emily walks away from Edward. Edward watches her walk towards the men.
“Hi Boys!”she says
The men take no notice of her. She doesn’t give up.
“Will it be long before your boss,comes?”Asks Emily
The men look at her. “Why you asking?” asks one of them.
“I was wondering if I could maybe we could make an agreement between us.”says Emily
One guy turns to face her. “You trying to fool us?” he asks her
“No!I’m trying to help.Whats the use of keeping us here like this? Saying so Emily turns her head and points to Edward. “See him?” she asks “His parents are millionaires.If you want,I can help you get a good amount from them.”
The other man turns to her too. He draws his Knikefe and brings it close to Alisons neck.
Edwards heart beats fast. Emily’s heart beats faster…
But she knows that if she shows fear..her plan would never work.
She calmly pushed away the knife. “You won’t need that.”she says
She turns around and looks at the road. “Let me explain.” She said and she beagn to tell the men about how they can get money from holding Edward hostage.
“The men listen to her intently believeing every word that she says.
“And that’s how you do it.”she says taking the keys that are in one mans hand. She plays with the keys..tosses it up and lets it drop.
“oops.”she says and she sowly bends down and picks it up.
Edward slowly walks towards them a and as they are turning t away fro him,they do not se him move.
But Emily who is standing in front of them ,sees Edward moving closer. She immediately acts to ho,ld their attention for a longer time..at least till Edward comes closer .
“Cool gun.”she tells one guy. “Can I see it?”
“Sure thing sweety.”says the guy giving her the gun.
She examines it closely. “What’s the kind?”she asks. Then she asks the other man for his gun as well so that she can compare the two guns.
“Wow…you two are really nice.So are these loaded?”she asks
They nod. She smiles.She looks at Edward.
Emily wipes imaginary sweat from her neck…slowly..very slowly..she makes sure that the men are watching her.
Edward takes a long wooden plank that he finds on the floor.Emily watches Edward oming closer. She wathes and suddenly shouts…. “EDWARD NOW!”
Edward hits one man with the wooden plank and Emily hits the other in the weakest point amking him fall down howling.
But the men don’t stay down for long. “You….Come back here!”shputs one of them.The other gets up slowly.
Emily and Edward run and run. But the men have a motorcycle and are gaining on them.
Emily knows that she has to do something.. if she doesn’t,the men would definitely kill them. She remembers the gus she has. She stops running and takes out the gun.
“What are you doing ,Emily?”asks Edward
Emily takes aim and shoots oon eof themen.he falls and then hshe shoots the other. Both of the men are down. Bleeding…Emily looks at the gun and puts it back in her pocket.
She turns to Edward. “Saving our lives.”she says.
Edward looks at the road ..it’s a very lonely road and at this time of night..no ones around. No one had seen what happened. Emily begins to rip her clothes…she scratches herself and some of the scratches start to bleed.
“Are you crazy?”asks Edward
“I don’t want to go to jail for saving my life..do you?”she asks
“No…but how will ripping your clothes and scratching yourself…save us?”asks Edward
“Well…I’ll call the Police and tell them where we are. I’ll also tell them that these two men tried to hurt me and I shot them. Case solved.”explains Emily
Edward looks at her surprised.Emily takes out her phone and dials the police.
“I’m not lying to them…the men did try to hurt us,right?”asks Emily
Edward nods in agreement.
She begins to cry. “Please help me…I’m scared. T…two men tried to…tried to…..they tried to hurt me. And I…I …shot them. I shot them…Oh please come quick! I’m so scared..I called a friend as well…he said he’ll come to where I am now.”says Emily and after she tells the police the place she is in, she hangs up.
The police arrive sometime afterwards and they question her. An ambulance takes away the two men and treats Emily’s wounds. Emily and Edward are dropped near Emily’s apartment and they are assured that things would be fine. Emily and Edward hope so too.
“I live here.”says Emily showing Edward the tall building in front of them. “9th floor..9C. Come on..I’ll give you something to drink and then you can go home.”
Edward accepts the invitation and the two of them go in.
Emily opens the door and goes in..Edward follows her.
“So where do you live?”asks Emily giving Edward a cup of coffee.
“Slin Hotel.”said Edward “I still could find somewhere to stay.”
“Slin Hotel? But that’s so expensive! Whoa..I guess your father really is rich! I didn’t exactly lie to those men,huh?”asks Emily
Edward laughs. “Yeah…kind of.”
“I have two rooms here and I only need one. So if you want,you can use that room.”says Emily
Edward thinks for a while. “Are you sure?”he asks
Emily nods. “Yup..I’m usually very lonely.I’d like to have someone.” She answers
“So when do you want me to move in?”asks Edward
“That means you’re coming?”asks Emily
“Can’t say no to you..can I?”asks Edward
“That’s great,Edward!”says Emily giving him a quick hug. “I’m so happy.”
Edward just looked at her. “Oops I forgot…you don’t like hugs,right?”
Edward laughs. “Hugs don’t seem so bad.” He says.
Emily laughs too. “Oh really? Then go get your bags…you’re moving in tomorrow.” Says Emily
“Tommorow?”asks Edward.
“Yes tomorrow…why wait?” asks Emily
Edward smiles and nods… “Okay tomorrow it is then.”
Emily nods. “Yes..tommorow it is..”