Me and Him | Teen Ink

Me and Him

By saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other

A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)

We were on a school trip and by coincidence; we stopped at a house where my mother grew up. So that means the house belonged to my grandparents but now my Uncle and his wife live there. They offered to give our class lunch and dinner and told us to spend the night there and go back the next morning. All the students called their parents and got approval.
Though it was my mom’s home and though my Uncle is my mother’s brother, I’ve never met them cause my father had lost all contact with them after my mother’s death.
The wind blew my hair across my face. I let it stay there and it fell back down tickling my neck.
I stared at the trees which were swaying to and fro almost as if they were playing a game with the wind.
“What are you doing here?” asked Orion
“Just watching the night.” I answered
“In the cold?” He asked and as he kept his hand on my shoulder, he said “Come on lets go in. Everyone’s there.”
“My mother grew up here.” I said to him
“I know.” he answered
“You think they might know something about her?” I asked
“I don’t know, Meela.” He answered
I looked at him with a look of great confusion in my eyes and a tear rolled down my cheek.
“Oh sweetie, you know I don’t have answers.” he said looking at me and wiping away my tears.
All my life...I was searching for the mother I never saw…the mother who sacrificed her life to save mine.
I love her more than I can explain and I never saw her cause she left the world as soon as I was born.
My father took care of me since then but I don’t think it’s been easy for him cause he has to go to work and raise me as well. Orion is my best friend and I love him with all my heart. He fills my life with joy and doesn’t let me cry but sometimes, I can’t help myself.
I smiled faintly. “I know... come on let’s go in.” I said walking into the house.
We walk in. I can’t sleep…I kept turning this way and that.
“Can’t sleep?” Asked Orion joining me in the kitchen where I sitting drinking a glass of water.
“I can’t.” I answered
“What did your father said about you spending the night here?” Asked Orion
“He said he’s glad that I can spend some time with my mom’s brother.” I said and I looked at him “But you know what I think? I wish I could spend time with my mom.”
Orion comes to my side and I might have been crying cause Orion took my face in his hands and wiped under my eyes.
“These eyes were meant to smile not cry.” He said and I knew he was trying to cheer me up but what he said made me cry harder cause his words were really kind and the next thing I know, I was hugging him and crying onto his shoulder.
“Cry it all out.” he said patting my shoulder and stroking my hair.
I finally ran out of tears and raise my head.
“Done?” he asked “Gosh! I thought you’d drown me!”
I laughed. “Don’t worry….I’ll never do anything to risk losing you.” I said
“Fine Fine…”said Orion laughing and we start to chat about school so that I can get my mind off crying.
We talked and talked and the next thing I know…I’m in the bus with Orion sitting beside me.
“Oh you’re awake! Good morning.” said Orion
“How did I come here?” I asked
“We talked till 11.30 yesterday…you were so tired from crying that you fell asleep right in the middle of the conversation.” answers Orion “We got up to go back at around 6 am and you looked so sweet and calm when you were asleep, that I carried you all the way to the bus and sat right beside you on the mini-seat beside you to make sure that no one will disturb you.”
“Aww... Really? Thanks.” I said giving him a quick hug.
“No problem. Wow...I’m getting more hugs from you than I do from my mom.” said Orion
I smiled and looked out the window.
The window blew at my face and made me feel so happy.
“You’re not mad at me, are you?” Asked Orion
“Me? No.Never could get angry with you.” I replied
“Oh, that’s good cause I don’t want you to be angry with Me.” he said
I smiled again. Seems to me that I do a lot of smiling with Orion.
He fills my soul with so much joy that I just can’t help smiling.
He makes me feel complete and I really don’t know how I’ll survive without him.
We finally came to our school and I went home and as soon as I went to my room, I sent Orion a text just to check if he went home safely.
“I’m at home. Thanks for asking.” said Orion
“No problem.” I texted back.
After a while….I text Orion again.
Me: What you doing?
Orion: Nothing much….just watching TV. You?
Me: Nothing much…just texting you…lying on my bed too lazy to do anything else
Orion: Haha….Lazy little girl.
Me: ? Oh, so you admit I’m little?
Orion: Haha…Yeah…always thought you were.
I smiled.
Me: Haha…Thanks. What else do you think I am, huh?
Orion: Many things…
Me: Like what…Exactly?
Orion: I won’t tell you…
Me: No? Why?
Orion: Simply because I don’t want to…
Me: You’ll tell me one day…I’ll make you tell me.
Orion: NEVER!
Me: Fine Fine…don’t tell me.
Orion: YAY!!!! I win!
Me: Yeah…guess you did.
Orion: And I always will…
Me: Well…Mr. Winner... What’s new?
Orion: Running out of things to say?
Me: Haha…yeah…actually got lots to say but no idea how to put it into words…so yeah...
Orion: Text you later?
Me: Good Night?
Orion: Yes…Good Night.
Me: Good night.
“And I love you so much too.” I said as I sent the last text.