Night

The velvety sky, black and purple, is decorated lovingly with shimmering speckles of light. The moon, full and bright, stares intently at the trees, making them appear like complex skeletons haunting the woods. Fragrant flowers locked up tightly, wait for the renewal of the sun. Crickets conduct their symphonies, accompanied by the wolf’s lonely howling and the rattling of the curling dead leaves. A single breath from the heavens envelop me gently, wrapping around my body coldly, causing goosebumps to adorn my skin.

Liv.HarrisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 2 at 9:07 pm:
I really like this piece, it was almost a poem in some ways. Your descriptions were amazing, and the sensory details made me feel as if I was already outside, bathed in the moonlight. I especially like the comparison of crickets to symphonies, I can really imagine their sound. You're a great writer, and aI hope you keep writing like this, it's an amazing style I've never seen before! CX

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 29 at 9:51 am:
Very pretty, really paints a picture :) maybe a bit too poetically written? I used to write like this and everybody said it was quite good but sometimes a bit too much

ConstanceContraireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 30 at 12:03 am :
When I write stories I add this kind of style to it, not as intense but still strong enough to leave a lasting impression. This piece was more like what I think of Night, resulting in a vivid description. (Mostly from dreams) Thanks for the feedback though :D