Funny Halloween | Teen Ink

Funny Halloween

November 11, 2008
By Zachary Willis BRONZE, Interlachen, Florida
Zachary Willis BRONZE, Interlachen, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Marina was standing in the middle of the street, arms limp at her side. A matter of minutes and her entire Halloween was ruined, if not her entire week. She had gotten herself all dressed up as a, can you guess it, a vampire. Typical yes, but it suited her fine.

"Why?" she asked herself. She couldn't figure it out. He was fine, and then he just snapped. As if, some strange bulb in his head just shattered. She was walking hand in hand with him, happy as can be, a bag full of candy in the other.

Two seconds later, he's yelling at her. Screaming at the top of his lungs, people around can't help but stop and stare. "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTA BE CLINGING ON TO ME AND SH**!"

"W-what are you talking about?" she asked, her voice trembling from being scared. "I don't understand you were just fine." Now she was annoyed, why was he acting this way?

"YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND JUST PERFECTLY! OH-HO! YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THIS, YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET THIS FOREVER!"
"What in the world are you talking about!?" she yelled. Yes, she was yelling now too, but not quite as loud. There was no point lowering her voice, everyone was already watching anyways.

He didn't answer. Instead he stood there, perfectly fine again. As if none of the previous events had even happened. "What the hell?" he said. Obviously dazed and confused. "Marina, why are you shaking?"

She laughed disgustedly at him. "I can't believe you'd even ask something like that. You know good and well what's wrong with me."

"I do?" He honestly had no idea what had happened.

"You really don't know do you?" she asked.

He shook his head back and forth. "Should I? It feels as if I blacked out or something and," he leaned in to whisper, "why are they all staring at us?"

"It's nothing," she laughed, and they continued to walk hand in hand.

Two more seconds pass and he's at it again.

"IT'S ALL OVER CHRISTY! EVERY LAST ONE OF US, WE'RE ALL DEAD COME TOMORROW!"

He didn't snap out of this time. Instead, he lifted his arm, and smacked Marina across the face. He began twitching, and soon attempted to rip his own hair out, but cried out in pain before he could.

Before she could try to calm him down, he ran off down the road, throwing his clothes off as he went.

And there she stood, no idea what had transpired. Only that she had just experienced the worst Halloween of her life.