Archrival's Dead Grandmother's Grave | Teen Ink

Archrival's Dead Grandmother's Grave

February 28, 2014
By annmariemeyer GOLD, Atkinson, Nebraska
annmariemeyer GOLD, Atkinson, Nebraska
13 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.”-C.S. Lewis


Creepy, freezing, a loud boom. I hear it, I hear it!! Something is coming for me to take me to the under life. It is loud and huge and it is in the cemetery. I am going to die in this eerie tree in the cemetery.

I don’t really know why I am in this tree, I just am. As you might have guessed I am freaking out because my best friend said, “Why not spend the night in a creepy tree on Friday the 13th. It will be a blast.” I am here alone in a scary- ghost filled cemetery and I have already went though three pairs of pants, two shirts, and ten whole bottles of sugar cubes.

“ You don’t know me get away from me, I have a bottle of pepper spray and I am not afraid to use it.” Is what I said to every shadow I see or everything else that moved. Every time I hear an owl hoot, coyote howl, or a branch break, I jumped thirty feet in the air and almost fell out of the safety of the eerie willow tree.

I know that there is the ghost of Old Mrs. Wilkens here, and is haunting me because I hit her granddaughter in the face for calling me a weirdo. The ghost is closing in on me; I can feel it because I can feel her cold shaking breath on the back of my neck. The breath only lasted a moment because the next thing I know is that I am falling though the air. I never hit the ground because I woke up and was dangling in the air from the tree by my feet in the morning sunlight.

I learned a valuable lesson the day, NEVER let your friend convince you to go to the creepy cemetery on Friday the 13th. If you let them convince you to do that you will have nightmares for months after that. One more thing I forgot to mention is that you never let yourself climb up a tree that is directly above the grave your archrival dead grandmother.