Violet and her Paintbrush | Teen Ink

Violet and her Paintbrush

March 3, 2014
By katherine345 PLATINUM, Redding, Connecticut
katherine345 PLATINUM, Redding, Connecticut
32 articles 18 photos 0 comments

Something that Violet never struggled with was realizing the true importance of art, color and creativity in our world.

The day she was born, Violet picked up a paintbrush. With it, she created the most beautiful painting ever to exist. The colors were taken directly from the most vibrant part of a flower, the brightest section of the sun, and from the most cheerful parts of the world. But Violet did not stop there. As she grew older, her paintings grew even better. The brushstrokes were as delicate as handmade glass, and the colors made the toughest people on Earth shed tears of delight. There was nothing more meaningful in the world. Violet’s paintings cured sicknesses and wars, and everything about them glowed with pure joy.

Her paintings were not the only ones who had such an amazing affect on people. Violet glowed brighter than a thousand suns. Even light couldn’t catch up with her glory. She was the kindest, happiest person to ever walk the earth, and her paintings reflected her light. Her footsteps were quiet and delicate, as if she were stepping on flower petals. Her smile was as if her mouth was filled with a million lightbulbs. The long dress that she wore was decorated with humble, gorgeous roses that she painted by hand. Her blonde hair danced behind her and her kind blue eyes spoke that everything will be okay. With Violet in the town, even those fighting in the Civil War forgot their differences and joined hands in unity. And when she painted, everything was at peace with the world.

Violet brought color and jubilance to the small village in North Carolina. With her there, the mountains stood tall and proud, the grass green and blissful. There were flowers everywhere, and in every shade imaginable. Most of all, the sun was always shining with forgiveness and pure light. Everything about the village whispered happiness when Violet was around.

There was so much light and color in the world at the time. This was up until the worst storm of all time, which would come to be known as the Storm of Sorrow.

On a cold winter night in January, it started to thunder. The loud noises brought fear to even the bravest people on Earth. Even the thunder itself was scared. The sky crackled with uneasiness, and a single lightning strike could be seen from a thousand miles away. Even blind people saw the lightning that night. Everyone was frightened but held onto the last hope that the worst was over. The people went to bed that night with their fingers crossed. In the morning, all the noise from outside was gone, and the storm was over. Everyone was incredibly relieved, and let go of their still crossed fingers. But when they looked out their windows to see the damage that had been done, they went into shock. Several people even fainted for up to five years.

There was no damage inflicted on anything. Not even a leaf was out of place on the trees, not a blade of grass had even shifted positions. And even though it seemed as if nothing had been touched, the outside world had been through the most damage ever to happen in history. No, the harsh rainstorm had not as much moved a speck of dirt. But it had done something much, much worse. The once bright green grass was a gray, gloomy hue. The pink flowers were a dark, upsetting color as if they had been sulking in the shadows for years. Even the sun had turned a tragic shade of gray. The rain had washed all the color, all the enchantment of nature, away.

The entire village went into panic. No one knew what to do or what was happening. Finally, at the point where everyone had discovered the ordeal they all had stepped into, Violet came to the village. She was just the person that everyone wanted to see.

Violet explained that the rain had washed away all the color, including her beautiful paintings. Her paintings were once the happiest, most multicolored things on Earth, but had been destroyed. The little village shook with grief and anger. Back at her house, Violet was thinking over the dilemma. She knew what to do. She was the best painter the world had ever seen, and if
her paintings could cure the sickness of people, then they could cure the sickness of the world. She grabbed her paintbrush and sped towards the faded, washed out village.

Violet ran around, painting the trees, the grass and the flowers. Her delicate brushstrokes brought the light and the life back into the world. She found the colors hidden in her brush as she painted away. The pigmentation spread like wildfire, lighting up the world, forgetting the lost, gloomy place of no difference, no color. Piece by piece, the village gained back its many shades, and with it came the optimism and amazement of before. Violet had painted the color back into the world! It was a true miracle.

Violet taught the world that rain didn't have to mean washing away all the color and well-being, but giving a reason to create a rainbow. To this day, Violet paints the rainbow back into the world after a thunderstorm, making her not just the best painter to ever have lived, but the person to show the world that happiness comes in every color.



JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.