The queen's crown true courage | Teen Ink

The queen's crown true courage

By ainzulaikha PLATINUM, Johor, Other
ainzulaikha PLATINUM, Johor, Other

There was once a floating island named Sylvan. The island had a kingdom named Avalon. The kingdom represents four characters that is A Fairy, A Witch, A Wizard and A Guardian that created a G.O.S (Guardians of Sylvan) . A long time ago, a meteorite landed on the island that the Guardians have long awaited to destroy. The meteorite contains an evil source that could change the whole world. The thing that let it fell, was a dark sorcerer named Agatar . He was once the ruler of Avalon but he was overthrown by me, Milayn Kanthropy(known as M. K. or the queen) . Now he came back for revenge. The meteorite contains an egg that also contains his powers. He unleashed his horrible powers and the island was diseased by evil and the Guardians took me to a safer place.
Five years after, I was in the training room while the Guardians guard the palace. “Your Majesty, may I come in? I am sorry if I disturb you.” Said The Guardian. “Why yes. Of course you may come in. what is it that you need?”I said. The training room was full of weapons, armors and obstacles for the queen and the guardians. The Guardian told that it was time I myself tried on a real obstacle. Suddenly, the ground shakes and the guardians went to their position. It was Agatar. He found out where I was hiding for the past few years. The guardians took him with all their might while The Fairy took me out of the training room and into a portal that led to another part of the island. We were sent back to the castle and there we knew we weren’t safe. “My dear Fairy, why have you brought us to this castle? Haven’t this castle been the first place Agatar diseased his darkness?” I said thoughtfully. “Yes, Your Majesty. I know this is the first place Agatar diseased, but you have to learn how to use your skills properly by now. This is your first trial, which is to get us out of here.” Answered The Fairy. “Okay, let’s do this! I fought through the Sherkhans, Slime leaves, Deadilions and poisonous mummies. The Fairy helped me to use my magic and weapons cautiously. She told me everything I need to know about fighting and magic spells.
As I learned to fight the monsters, The Fairy was starting to disappear. “My dear Fairy. What is happening?? Are you disappearing?? Please don’t go! I still don’t know how to use some of the magic spells that I got from the enemies.” “I won’t be long, dear queen. I will come back a few moments later. It looks like this place doesn’t accept me. I shall go now. I will come back later and as soon as I can. Good bye.” And after a few minutes, The Fairy was out of sight. “looks like I’m doing this alone from now on.” I said hopelessly. After walking a few miles, I saw a monster attacking someone. I didn’t think long to help and ran as fast as I could to save him/her. Looks like it’s a man in a dark-blue cloak fighting a Sherkan with a twin blade. The blades he had was magical. The blades looks familiar to me but I ignore it. The monster then realized my appearance and decided to take the first act. The Sherkan fought with his weapons and both of us got hit. We tried to get up but the Sherkan hit us with his sword again and again. Then, when the Sherkan was taking a short break, both of us found a little energy to fight back. We fought with our weapons and it feels like something was trickling down on our weapons to our arms. As we defeated the Sherkan, our weapons were glowing and it looks like their gleaming the whole area. “Whoa, what’s happening???” said the man in the blue cloak. “How should I know?! Our weapons are glowing like crazy.” I responded.
Then the gleaming was starting to fade and when everything was quite still, I broke the silence. “Looks like our weapons were upgrading.” “So, what you’re saying is that our weapons gleamed the whole forest just because it was upgrading??” he said. “Yeah, I read it in a book about weaponry. … So, what’s your name? My name is M. K.” I said. “ My name is Eugene. I’m the protector of the forests and I owe you big time. Thanks for helping me fight that big Sherkan.” He said. Then there was total silence. I told him about the adventure I was in and thought that he would come along. To my delight, he did. “let’s go back to the town shall we? I’m starving. Are you hungry, Your Highness?” he joked. “Yes, of course. But don’t call me the queen and stuff. I just like it when people other than my Guardians call me by M. K. Okay with that?” I said. Then he nodded.
As we got back to the nearest town, we thought we could have a little snack. Then, it happened. We saw people running and monsters chasing and knights fighting. Eugene nodded at me as a sign to help but I was thinking to go for a U- turn. “C’mon. It looks like you need a little something to cheer you up” he laughed. “Okay, but if I got killed I’ll return from the dead and kill you!!” I laughed back. Eugene fought with the monsters while I get the citizens to a safer place. I thought that we made a great team when suddenly a purple slime leaf whacks me at the head. I was dizzy but I could see clearer because of a magic spell I did. It made me unconscious for a while when someone took me off my feet. Then, everything was a blur.
“Feeling okay there, Your Highness? I’m so sorry for what just happened. It always did after Agatar came.” my rescuer said. “I’m okay. Where am I? who are you?” “I’m a ghost. I’m Katrina. Can I come along your adventure. Tell me all about everything”. Well, I don’t trust her at first cause how did she knows the adventure I’m in, but what choice do I have? I told every detail from the prophecy to the time she rescued me. “ That’s it. Everything that I went through. Do you need to know something else than this?” I said. She shrugged which might mean no. I walked through the place and it looks like we’re in a TREE!. “Ummm…. where are we exactly?” I asked. “ We’re in a tree hut that I spelled on.” she responded. Then there was a knock on the door. “Who is it?” Katrina asked. “My name is Eugene. I’m looking for M.K. She’s the queen.” He tried to say it boldly. He looks like a knight scared to even catch a cat. “ I’m here. Don’t worry, I’ll be okay I think.” Then, I just noticed that I had a cast on my arm. Why did I have a cast? Did my arm broke or something? Can I even destroy Agatar in this condition? So many questions but I don’t have any answers. Luckily, Katrina explained that my arm will be okay in a few days. “ You were lucky that the Sherkhan that attacked you didn’t broke it off or you can’t fulfill the prophecy.” Katrina said. I still can’t believe that my hand broke. It was hard enough to fight the monsters with two hands, how can I fight in this cast? “ It will be okay. I promise.” He read my mind. “ I still can’t believe I have to go through all this. It just not fair.” I sigh. Suddenly, a voice called me. “ M.K., you’re not alone. Remember, I am here always. You have to fight Agatar if not, our world will be nothing but shadows and sorrows” it said. “ Did you hear that?” I said not knowing that it came from somewhere else. “ What are you talking about? We didn’t hear anything else except you thinking” The story never ended. Or it did but no one knew about it.