Battle in the Sky | Teen Ink

Battle in the Sky

By SWKit_kat GOLD, Janesville, Wisconsin
SWKit_kat GOLD, Janesville, Wisconsin

Don't cry because it's over be happy because it happened

Happy could not seem to describe the day, not too hot, not too cold. But there was a strange feeling about the air, almost ominous. All but the south glimmered with sunshine and happy little clouds, for in the south a darkness ruled the skies. It was too far away to be anything serious, but as the winds picked up the drums of war could be heard.
Soon cracks of anger could be heard as Darkness led his legion to battle. The sky shuddered with anger and rage, pushing back against Light. Clack! Bang! Boom! The sounds of clattering metal and battle cries filled the air. Darkness moved closer and faster, seeping through Light’s barricade. A haze spread to the far reaches of the horizon, it was hard to differentiate between Light and Dark.
As the haze cleared it was obvious that Darkness was winning. Light dwindled, broken and surrounded. With Light’s last fighting breath it expanded before being snuffed out, suffocated by Darkness and all too soon a sickening silence signaled the battle had come to an end. Bang! Bam! Boom! Cheers of victory erupted from the blackened sky and the world began to weep for the dying of the light.