The Willow Tree | Teen Ink

The Willow Tree

By -Yin- SILVER, Falls Church, Virginia
-Yin- SILVER, Falls Church, Virginia

life goes on, with you or without you.

Weep, like the willow above your head. Its’ branches heavy with the sorrow of a hundred moons. Sway with the wind that caresses your cheek. Let your tears flow like the summers’ creek beneath your feet. All hope is lost like a bittersweet memory. Maybe it will come back, like the birds in the spring. Your mind soaring high, with their wings leading the way to happiness, love, and dreams. What if it’s all a dream though? Waiting to disappear like a fog in the early morning. Like the dew on the grass that can’t survive past the early hours of life? The willow has seen it all. Her branches, her leaves, are heavy with the sights she has seen. Your life’s sorrow poured into the water she drinks. Her leaves wrap around you, trying to hide the memories from your frightened eyes. One of mother, of sister, of father, and brother. One of hurt, of loss, of death, of tears, and anger. So many horrible things that she sees, that you have seen. Your tears flow plentiful, making the creek a river, an ocean. A black sea of lost hope. A red sea of blood mixing with memory. All is lost as you dream beneath your willow tree. Encased in her leaves that cry for your broken heart. She will try to piece it back together, but will it work? Can hearts be fixed if all that will happen is a new crack every day the sun rises? Sleep my child, and see when you awake to the bittersweet life drawn out for you.

I wrote this after a partially long and painful day, as a way to explain to my friend how I felt. When I was younger, before I moved, I used to sit under a willow tree after a long day and cry until my tears were hers as well. It made me feel better when I expressed myself, even though it was only to a tree. I hope that when people read this they can see they are never alone. The world and all of its creatures can be there for you when you least expect it.

on Feb. 2 2014 at 9:02 pm
nakubara PLATINUM, Belvidere, New Jersey

Everything you do in life is insignificant, but its important you do it anyway ~Ghandi

You are an amazing writer! This is really good!

on Feb. 1 2014 at 9:13 pm
BringMeThePiercedSiren PLATINUM, Fairfax, Virginia

"There's nothing like a sore stomach from laughing for all the right reasons."-Perks of Being a Wallflower

hey! im returning the favor. i love this so much. you're a wonderful, descriptive author and your words are captivating enough to keep me wanting to read!

on Feb. 1 2014 at 3:44 pm
elycavill SILVER, Samobor, Other

Leave nothing but footprints,
Take nothing but pictures,
Kill nothing but time.

It is really touching . Good work! :)

-Yin- SILVER said...
on Jan. 31 2014 at 6:46 pm
-Yin- SILVER, Falls Church, Virginia

life goes on, with you or without you.

everything i write comes straight from my heart, no editing allowed that way i can put out my message as fresh as it came into my mind. im glad you enjoyed it :) thank you for commenting!

on Jan. 31 2014 at 1:22 pm
BabyBean BRONZE, Kaysville, Utah

It's hard to get out of the barrel. It's slippery around the edges and people are happy to see you fall back in. -RDJ

wow, how do you do that? Gorgeous :)