My demons | Teen Ink

My demons

January 10, 2014
By Silent_Angel BRONZE, Toledo, Ohio
Silent_Angel BRONZE, Toledo, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To think while writing is folly, the mind is too clouded with idiots! When these words were written, they were with my heart, not my mind." Author, me.


They were always laughing at me, even when I was small, and I hated them for it. But, then they disappeared, my enemies moved away, and I thanked God. But the bad guy, or in this case three bad girls, always come back. I had just started a new school, I had been homeschooled all my life, but my mom decided it was time for me to try out a real school. I had just sat down in my seat when I heard her voice. You don't forget that kind of voice, the kind that makes you want to go home and scrub yourself until you're sure the poison's gone. "No way, it couldn't be!" She said. "Is that seriously you?" I turned, praying it wasn't them, but my prayers were on the wrong side. Three girls, now three women, those three who hurt me day after day, who drove into my heart names that still hurt me today. I stood, shaking, scared nearly to tears on the outside. "What, are you three doing here?" I asked, breathing heavily. "First day, didn't know they enrolled idiots here." A glimpse of silver came out of her mouth when she said that, it stabbed me, and it hurt me. I looked up, eyes filled with fear, on the outside. "Please, I don't want any trouble." They laughed, bringing back horrible memories. "What are you talking about? I liked how it was before!" Another dagger shot out, stabbing me in the arm. I stood straight, looking downward. "So, nothing has changed in any of you?" I said, shakiness in my voice, on the outside. The one beside her spoke up, pointing her finger at me. "Why would we want to perfect perfection? Too bad you don't know what it is, you're just a runt, a scaredy little wimp that cries to your cow of a mommy!" That was when I let down the façade. I moved faster than anything seen, grabbing her accusatory hand, her finger sticking between my own, then turned it upside down, and thrust it in the air. A satisfying pop came from her shoulder. then I went to the next, stepping toe-to-toe with the first I subdued, then grabbed her head and slammed it on a desk. The last, who had finally turned, stared into my eyes, and she was afraid. "What you see before you is what you made me!!" I screamed. "how proud are you of your little demented creation?!?" She tried to turn and run, but tripped on her own feet and fell to the ground. She looked back at me, and started pushing herself backwards, trying to do anything to get away from the beast she made. I walked toward her, she retreated back more, I advanced, she retreated, until finally there was no place to go. Her back against the wall, and me staring down at her. "Nowhere to go, nowhere to hide, nobody to save you from the creation you made." I spoke, my voice a dark tone. She pulled her knees up to her head and crossed her arms to hide her face, but it was no use, I had made my decision to end it right then and there. I knelt down, thinking of a thousand ways to finish her, but could only settle on one. The cruelest way. I put my hand on her shoulder, her muscles tense, waiting for the strike. "Look at me." I said. She looked up, fear burning through her eyes like fire through tall, dry grass. I looked her straight in the eye and said. "I am going to do the most horrible thing I can do to you, and it's taken quite some time to think of it so I hope it will be as...enjoyable as I hoped it would be." I made my move swift, so she would not clench, And it was done. I held her there in a tight, caring embrace, not knowing what was next. "w-what..." She said. I smiled, closing my eyes. "The most horrible thing you can do, to someone who did whatever they wanted with you, is to forgive them. I haven't had the chance to say it, so I'll say it now. Thank you, thank you for all you did. Without any of you in my life, I wouldn't be the man I am today. I didn't mean to scare you so much, I just wanted for you to stop being that fake that you made yourself years ago. That high-talking girl trying to be popular, and you saw that your friends were less than that, you saw them as dead weight, so you cut them off, and some you kept as playthings. You aren't that, you never were. Nobody is born a bully, some are molded. You were molded in the orphanage, to be a tough girl and to fit in. You tried to mold me, but, instead of making the choice to be the hurt, I chose to be a healer." I pushed away from her, keeping my hands on her shoulders, and saw she was crying. I stood, and stuck my hand out to her and asked a single question. "You have a choice, you always have, to hurt or to heal, its your choice and yours alone." I walked out of the classroom, tears down my very own cheeks, my demons have fled, and I am glad.


The author's comments:
This is how I wish to meet them again, I have had this dream many times, but I never find out if they make the right decision.