Character Description | Teen Ink

Character Description

December 22, 2013
By Thegirlwiththesadsmile BRONZE, Malin, Oregon
Thegirlwiththesadsmile BRONZE, Malin, Oregon
4 articles 2 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Practice makes permanent NOT perfect.


Her name was Victoria Addams. She came from a large family, although not so large as to be considered huge and not so small as to be considered normal. Judging by her appearance one would assume she was a nice girl. However if one were to look more closely at her they would find she was not nearly as nice as she appeared. Her mouth would often twist upwards into a cruel smile and her eyes portrayed a girl that found a certain enjoyment in the suffering of others. She was not always this way, as a child she was actually a rather nice girl, she was very kind and thoughtful, always took others into consideration. This changed sometime around her seventeenth year of life though; She gave her heart to a boy who used her affections to manipulate her into carrying out his every desire. The result of that misfortune was that she was now utterly terrified to allow herself to feel anything more than vague affection for people. More than anything she wanted someone, anyone really, to look past all of these things and love her; although the thought of that also terrified her. To ward herself against feeling anything more than the aforementioned vague affection she pretended that everyone around her was a lesser life form who happened to be afflicted with petty problems that could never affect someone such as herself. In the dark of night though, when she lay awake unable to sleep, it was she that seemed the lesser one. Even when she happened to smile there was a certain degree of sadness in the curve of her lips. Her eyes seemed to say “you don’t know me, and you never will.”


The author's comments:
This piece is a deeper look into a character.