Watched | Teen Ink

Watched

December 2, 2013
By Alpha19 BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri
Alpha19 BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri
4 articles 5 photos 2 comments

The night was cold, no stars where shining through the sheen of mist. They were lost in the endless sky the night the man became a sinister force.
“You have to.” He said to the girl. “You have left your self no choice.”
“Please, no.” Her voice choked with tears.
“What did you expect? That I was going to let him get away with it?”
“It wasn’t his fault.”
“Your not going to change my mind.” The man’s voice was unwavering.
“I’ll never forgive you.”
“I’m to the point where I don’t care.
“Why won’t you listen to me!”
“Because you were stupid enough to go with him!”
She looked out through the mist at the house. No lights where on in the sleeping rooms and she closed her eyes.
“You can blame no one but yourself.” He started walking toward the house.
“No!” she screamed and grabbed his arm. He whirled around and slapped her. She fell to the ground in shock.
“Don’t you ever lay a hand on me!”
“You’re a monster” she snarled.
“That’s only because you made me one.”
She rose to her feet, her cheek throbbing, and looked him in the eyes.
“So I ran away with him. Why are you.. Why?” she said, “Why do you think you need to do this.”
“You need to be shown who’s in charge hun.” Wicked grin crossed his face.
“Why did you choose me?”
“You were different.”
“There’s a lot of people who are different that you could have followed!” she screamed into the empty night.
“But you stood out to me.”
She stood shaking, waiting to wake up from the nightmare as the man walked close to her. He put his hands on her waist as she tried to push away and kissed her. Tears streamed down her face and the shoved him away.
“Stop wasting your time trying to push me away, I’m never going to leave you.” Her wail echoed and she fell to her knees.
“Stop being so weak.” He lashed.
“Dealing with you for three years is anything but weak!” she lunged at him.
“Don’t think you can take me.” He pushed her back again.
“I will fight you for the rest of your life.”
“And I will still be in the shadows, watching every move you make sweetie,” he laughed, “And don’t think that the cops can help, they haven’t been able to for three years, makes sense, I am one anyway.”
“You bastard.”
“I’m touched. Well, let’s get a move on.” He started walking to the house.
“No!” she screamed, “Don’t you dare!”
“Or what, Hun?” he kept going.
She could hear the screams of her lover through the now sheeting rain and fell to the street once again. The car’s tires screeched and the world went dark.


The author's comments:
This was for an assignment to use mostly dialog.