WANTED | Teen Ink

WANTED

November 12, 2013
By saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
saumyadeepa PLATINUM, Kandy, Other
36 articles 1 photo 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
A mother's love is like the ocean it's pure and wide.
Life is like a painting one wrong move and it's hard to bring it back to normal.
(I created these quotes)


It was April Fools day and my friend Andrew wanted to fool almost everyone he met.
He chose to use me as a part of his joke. I didn’t object cause it didn’t seem to cause much harm.
“Hey did you know me and Susan are going on a date.” He would say to the ones he meets.
“Really Susan?” They would ask and all I would do is smile as if I don’t even understand English.
“Of course we’re not going on a date! He’s just trying to fool you!” I would think in my mind but they won’t hear it of course.
They would walk away thinking that what Andrew told them was true and Andrew kept it that way.
Next Andrew and I went to our class. Lian was there. (Lian was my crush. But he didn’t know of course.) There were more of Andrew’s friends there and I knew he would try his joke here as well.
“Hey I heard that you and Stella were dating.” said Lian
“Who told you that?” I asked
“Oh it’s the talk of the school.” said Lian
“Seriously?” Asked Andrew
“No I just said that to annoy Susan. Some guys told me.” said Lian
“Well that was definitely a good joke.” I said annoyed
“So are you two going out?” Asked Lian
Andrew opened his mouth to answer him.
“Andrew, let’s not talk about this.” I said
“It’s me, isn’t it Susan? I’m the reason you don’t want to talk about it, isn’t it?” asked Lian
“Andrew I want to talk with you.” I said
“Okay.” said Andrew still sitting comfortably
“Privately.” I said
“Excuse us.” said Andrew and we went out.
I felt Lian’s eyes following us as we went out.
“What did you want to talk about Susan?” asked Andrew
“Andrew, please don’t tell that joke in front of Lian. I’ll help you with anything else, but I just can’t help you tell that joke anymore.” I said
“Then Lian was right, he is the reason you don’t want to help with the joke.” said Andrew
“Yes, he’s right.” I said
“Why can’t you say the joke in front of Lian?” asked Andrew
“I’ll tell you later, just do this little thing for me, Andrew.” I said
“Okay if you don’t want to do this anymore then we’ll stop. I’ll tell everyone it was just a joke.” said Andrew
“Thank you so much, Andrew.” I said
“What are friends for? Besides, I’ll do anything to see this girl smile.” said Andrew
I smiled.
“Come on, let’s go to our class.” said Andrew and we went to our class.
“So are you two going out?” asked Lian
“Why are you so concerned about that?” I asked
“Why are you trying so hard to hide that?” asked Lian
“There’s nothing to hide, Lian. It was just an April fool’s joke, nothing more than a silly joke.” said Andrew
“Is this true, Susan?” asked Lian
“Yes, it’s just a joke.” I said
Lian looked at me for a while and then left the class.
“Why did he leave?” asked Andrew
I shrugged but I had a hunch that Lian left because he was too ashamed to face me after knowing there was nothing between me and Andrew.
There was something going on in that guys head and whether it had anything to do with me or not is what I intended to find out.
The next day when I met Lian, he just avoided me. I didn’t understand him but then again how can I?
I don’t even understand myself! Why am I the way I am? Who knows? I obviously don’t!
“What are you thinking about? Seriously Susan you should stop thinking so much, one day I will pop into that little head of yours and erase everything you have to think about.”
“Erase my memory?”
“No, just the stuff you think about so much.”
“Oh do you think I keep all my thoughts in files for it to be so easy for you to find and erase it?”
“Yeah, everything in your little head is organized. Everything that you think about so much is under the folder WHAT I ALWAYS THINK ABOUT, so I’ll erase it very easily.” said Andrew with a laugh
“Nice plan. You obviously know more about my mind than I do.” I said smiling
“Seriously Susan, what are you thinking so much about?” Andrew asked
“Some little stuff, Andrew. Nothing important.”
“Well that little stuff is bothering you a lot. I see it in the way you act.”
I looked at Andrew and smiled. Andrew did understand a lot about me.
“Wanna go for a walk?” Asked Andrew suddenly breaking the silence
“Now?” I asked
“Yeah, you don’t want to do anymore thinking do you?”
“No, lets go.” I said
Andrew smiled, walked out of the door, and waited till I turned of the classroom lights, closed the door, and came out.
Even though Andrew asked me to go for a walk, there’s nothing much to see at our school except for some buildings, an abandoned forest and an old man who lives there with a cow.
We looked at the sky and the clouds seemed to be doing some magic turning into different shapes from time to time.
“See that cloud over there?” Andrew asked pointing to a distant cloud.
“Yes, it looks like you.” I said
“Oh really? Well there isn’t a cloud that is fit enough to be compared to you.”
“That bad, huh?”
“No, just a little too good to be true.” said Andrew and at that moment I felt like I could just love him for that. No one has ever said something so sweet to me before.
“Thanks Andrew. Really appreciate the compliment.” I said giving him the nicest smile I could come up with.
“Just a smile and thanks, nothing else?” Asked Andrew
“Well what else can I give?”
“A little bit of love.”
I looked down.
“You know I’m joking right?” Asked Andrew
“I know but be careful when you’re joking with emotions.” I said
At first I thought that Andrew was being strange but the strangeness began later on……
That night in my dreams, I saw that all the guys were crazy over me and the other girls all jealous. I didn’t take the dream seriously but when it started to come true, I started think that what I saw was something more than a dream.
The next day at school, a guy bumped into me.
“I’m sorry.Oh Hi Susan.” He said climbing the stairs
I looked at him and saw that I didn’t know him. I knew he was new but I have never talked to him.
I just stared at him like an idiot while he just went up smiling maybe even thinking that I was the most stupidest girl he had ever met.
For the next few minutes, my mind was blank. I don’t think I was even walking straight but waddling like a duck. My heavy bag seemed light. By the time I reached my class, the blankness vanished and my senses cam back to me.
While I walked to my desk, I felt as if a thousand eyes were watching me.
I took my mini-mirror out of my pencil case and acted as if I was looking at my face but I tilted it just a little bit more and I saw that all the guys were looking at me.
I quickly put the mirror back in the pencil case and turned around to face the guys.
There they were still staring as if I was the only girl they have ever seen in they’re whole entire life.
‘This is so not happening. These guys look like they want to kill me or something. I mean the way they’re staring at me is just creepy.’ I thought as I unpacked my bag.
“Good Morning Susan. So what’s up?” Asked Delia
“Good morning Delia and don’t even ask about what’s up with my life because even I’m not quite sure.”
“Why? What’s wrong?”
I hesitated for a while. It was very unlikely that Delia would believe the guys stared at me considering the fact that they seem very less interested right now but maybe she might.
‘Oh, well why not give it a try?’ I thought taking a deep breath
“See those guys?” I asked and Delia nodded
“Well they were staring at me from the moment I stepped into the class.” I said not feeling sure of what she would say.
Delia laughed.
“What? What’s so funny?” I asked cause I was sure I didn’t tell a joke.
“Guys like beautiful girls. They were obviously just checking you out. Though I don’t quite agree with their selection. Of all the girls, why you?” Asked Delia
“Exactly! I mean if they stared at someone like... Um... I don’t know…maybe... someone like you; they would be able to discover the dark side of life which would be very interesting. Isn’t it?”
“Susan, are you mocking me?” Asked Delia giving me one of those ‘I AM VERY SHOCKED’ looks.
Delia thinks very highly of herself, she even dreams of being Queen! Despite knowing what a dubious character Delia is, I sometimes actually trust her.
Just imagine, QUEEN DELIA OF NORTHEMSHIRE! What a nightmare!
I smiled at the thought and turning to Delia, I said. “Oh no dear, how could I ever think of mocking someone as great as you? Why, you’re preparing to be the next Queen of Northemshire!”
“Oh yes, I am. Aren’t I? But do you really think that Dark interests guys?” Asked Delia adjusting her hair which only made her hair even more messier.
“Yes, I think it does.” I said trying very hard to restrain my laugh.
Tell Delia that she’s to be Queen and she’ll forget everything else.
While Delia dreamed of how great she would be as Queen, I went out of the class to laugh.
“Where you going in such a hurry?” Asked Andrew
“Oh Andrew!” I said laughing hard. Tears in my eyes.
“Why?” Asked Andrew and after I told him what happened, he and I started laughing again.
“I wouldn’t want to live where she rules!” said Andrew and I nodded.
Soon the first four periods started and ended and the break was to begin in only five more minutes.
We were free in the fifth period because the sir had not come to school.
“Hey Susan, wanna play truth or Dare?” asked a girl and I politely rejected the offer saying I had notes to catch up on. The girl shrugged and went to join the others.
Truth or Dare was as unpredictable as Delia. Whatever they told you to tell or do, you would have to do whether you liked to or not and I didn’t like that sort of game.
While writing my notes, I wondered why all the guys were so different.
‘Did I travel to a whole new world?’ I asked myself
“Hey Beauty.” said someone coming to my side.
Oh my gosh, it’s LIAM! WHAT? LIAM? IMPOSSIBLE! SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG AROUND HERE OTHERWISE LIAM WOULD NEVER CALL ME A BEAUTY!
“Beauty?” I asked
“Aren’t you?” Asked Liam leaning close to me and oh my gosh, is he flirting?
Oh he is flirting with me, better be calm Susan. Don’t encourage him.
“Well, I guess everyone in the world is a beauty in one way or the other.” I said
“Come on Susie, I’m trying to make a compliment.” said Liam
SUSIE? WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?
“Actually my name is Susan.” I said
Liam laughed. “Don’t be so impossible Susan!”
“Nothing is impossible Liam and besides I’m just telling you the truth.”
“It’s hopeless expecting to win when someone talks with you.”
“Well then you should try something that makes you feel hopeful. Why should you waste your time on things that are hopeless?”
I think that Liam got the message that I didn’t want to flirt with him and he walked away.
I know I have a crush on him but that doesn’t mean I have to go along with everything he does and says. Besides he’s being acting very strange lately and I’m beginning to wonder whether I really do love him. I feel that I should forget about loving him but somehow deep inside I still love him.
“Susie, Susie.” Said someone else coming near me.
“Just leave me alone.” I said thinking it was Liam.
“Susan?” asked the person and I turned to see who the person is.
“Oh Andrew. I thought you were someone else.” I said
“Who? What’s bothering you?” He asked keeping his hand on my shoulder.
I look at his eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes that make me feel that everything will be alright as long as I’m with him. Andrew is the best friend I could ever wish for.
“I’ll tell you after school.” I said
After school that day, Andrew came up to me and while we walked he asked “So what’s bothering you?
“The guys are really strange today. Liam tried to flirt with me, when I ignored him, he walked away.” I said
“You ignored Liam because he’d flirted me?” Asked Andrew surprised. “Wasn’t it like your dream that Liam would love you? I mean maybe that’s why he flirted.”
“I wanted him to love me not flirt. Besides he’s been acting like a jerk lately.”
“That means it’s over? You don’t love him anymore, right?” Asked Andrew and he actually looked pleased.
“Maybe, I’m still trying to forget him.”
“I wish you made that decision a little earlier.” said Andrew
“Why?”
“Because then you would have gotten a really super boyfriend by now.” said Andrew
OKAY, WHAT IS THIS GUY TRYING TO TELL ME?
“WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?” I asked wrinkling my forehead
“Cool down, Susan. I was just saying that I could have been a better boyfriend.”
“How can you say that Andrew? You know I love Liam.”
“But you just said you didn’t love him!”
“I said I was trying to forget him.”
“Well you can start to love me then!” said Andrew taking hold of my hand
“See this hand?” he asked showing me my hand. “I’ve been trying to take hold of this hand, kneel on the floor, and ask you to be my girlfriend for a long time but since the day you told me you liked Liam, I backed off.”
Andrew was being extremely sweet and romantic but I felt so angry with him.
“I thought you were my friend, Andrew.” I said
“I am and always will be but I also love you.” said Andrew
“But I love Liam.” I said “At least for now.”
“I can wait.” said Andrew
He looked at me with his lovely brown eyes and I wanted to love him but a part of me still loved Liam.
I wished this would end; I wanted just to be friends with Andrew again. I wished this was a dream, a very bad dream.
“I want to go home, Andrew.” I said turning around to walk home.
“Shall I walk you?” Asked Andrew
“Thanks but I want to go home alone.” I said and I walked away.
Andrew nodded
After I had walked a little further away from him, I turned back.
He was making a semicircle on the dirt with his shoe.
“You’ll mess your shoes.” I said
Andrew smiled “You still care.” He said
“Of course.” I said “you can come if you want.”
Andrew smiled and ran up to me to walk me home.
No matter what Andrew did, he was still my friend.
The next day at school, Liam walked into the class, threw me one of his famous glances, and went to his desk. I wished I had never said those things I said to him yesterday.
I started to arrange my desk. “Susan?” Asked someone coming to me and it sounded like Liam. I can recognize Liam and his voice anywhere. I turned to face him, yes, it was Liam.
“Good Morning.” I said “And I’m sorry for all the things I said to annoy you yesterday.”
“It’s alright but you did a good job of annoying Me.” said Liam with a smile
I also smiled. “I’m sorry; I thought you were trying to flirt with me, that’s why I said that stuff.” I said wishing I hadn’t told him about the flirting part. What would he think of me?
“Did I look like I was flirting?” Asked Liam (Well that wasn’t so bad.)
“I obviously didn’t mean to but maybe that happens to guys when they’re around girls they like.” said Liam and for a minute, I didn’t understand what he said but then it hit me… LIAM LIKES ME! “Uh Huh, Uh Huh, He Loves Me! He Loves Me! Uh Huh, Uh Huh!” sang a little Susan in my head dancing around with happiness.
I smiled innocently. Liam sat in the chair beside me.
“Susan I have liked you since the day I first saw you.” said Liam
Liam took my hand and held it in his. “See this hand?” he asked showing me my hand. “I’ve been trying to take hold of this hand, kneel on the floor, and ask you to be my girlfriend for a long time.”
WAIT A MINUTE! Those words…Those Actions… I’ve heard and seen them before and it definitely isn’t DE JA VU!
Hmmm. I know! It was Andrew who told me that when he told me he loved me but this isn’t Andrew, so how does he know the same lines and actions?
“Um, are those lines from a famous film?” I asked him taking my hand away gently.
“No, why do you ask?” Asked Liam
I wanted to find what was going on but I knew none of the guys would have the answer and wouldn’t help me. They would have an excuse for everything!
“Oh nothing, I just thought I heard it somewhere.” I said
“Where?” Asked Liam determined to know whether another guy liked me too.
“Don’t remember, maybe it’s DE JA VU.” I lied
“Well forget it then.” said Liam and he leaned closer to me.
“What are you trying to do?” I asked standing up
“Trying to give you a kiss.” said Liam still sitting
“There are people watching.” I said
“I don’t care how many people are watching me, I do what I want” He said “Now sit down.”
“Well I care and I don’t want to kiss you, so just leave me alone, and Go!” I said sternly pointing towards the back of the class where his desk was. Liam got up.
“You’ll regret this, Susie.” He said going to his desk.
“It’s SUSAN not SUSIE!” I said angrily and I sat back down.
Why is this happening? Suddenly I feel that I don’t love Liam anymore. Why are all the guys like this? Why does Andrew and Liam both love me? Why do they say the same words and do the same actions? Is this some kind of trick?
‘You have to solve this puzzle, Susan.’I said to myself ‘And none of the guys can help you.’
After school that day, I went to see Andrew.
“Andrew, when did you first start to love me?” I asked
“When you first bumped into me at school.” said Andrew
“That was the first day you met me.” I said
Andrew nodded. “I have to go home.” I said running home
After dinner, I went into my room and took out my Diary and started to write.
5th of April.
Dear Diary
All the guys were staring at me yesterday and the day before but now only Andrew and Liam are really annoying. Liam tried to kiss me and Andrew said he loved me. What is going on? I’m going to solve this mystery. I don’t know who to trust. What should I do? HELP! I wish you were a real person. That’s all.
Good night.
After I finished writing, I knelt to the ground and prayed.
“Dear God, please help me to solve this mystery. I need all the help I can get and I need your assistance. Please help me. Thank you. Amen.”
That day before I went to sleep I prayed again. I wished the next day would give me some answers.
“Susan!” shouted someone coming behind me when I was walking to school
I turned around. This big guy with short brown hair was running to me. It was that new guy from school. Oh no, not another admirer, please!
“Hi Susan.” said the guy
“Hi, um who are you exactly?” I asked
“Oh yes, I’m Nigel.” said Nigel
“Nice to meet you, Nigel.”I said walking away. Maybe I was being rude but I didn’t want anymore guys liking me.
“Wait up, Susan!” shouted Nigel coming after me.
“Don’t worry I won’t trouble you like Andrew and Liam do.” said Nigel when he caught up with me.
I stopped. “How do you know about that?” I asked
He was speechless. I began to grow suspicious. He had criminal written all over his face.
“Well, let’s just say I overheard some conversations.” said Nigel
I walked away ignoring him but he caught up with me and walked with me all the way to the school.
Whatever was happening, I have a feeling that Nigel has something to do with it. As soon as we reached school, I went to my locker, took out my books, put them in my bag, and went to the school garden. I sit on a bench under a Jasmine tree. I take out my Diary and begin to write.
Dear Diary
I met the new guy again and he said that his name is Nigel. He knew that Andrew and Liam both love me and have been causing me some trouble. When I asked him how he knew, he didn’t have an answer at first but then he said he overheard our conversations. But that’s not true because when I talked with Andrew and Liam, no one was around. That guy is suspicious think he has something to do with this. I’m going to find out. I’ll write as soon as I find out something new.
Bye for now.
I closed my diary, put it in my bag, and went to my class.
Nothing happened until the 6th period when we had a free period. I guess everyone was too busy.
“Susan, the principle called you.” said a girl coming up to me.
I got up and walked out of my class wondering whether I had done something.
When I arrived at the Principle’s office, I knocked on the door and went in.
“Ah Susan. I wanted to talk with you. Please have a seat.”
I sat down.
“Tell me, dear. I really don’t think it’s your fault but why are Andrew and Liam so interested in you? The other girls have complained to me.” Asked the principle
“I really don’t know, sir.” I said “They’ve been acting really strange lately.”
“Hmm, it really is a mystery.” he said scratching is half-bald head “Well my dear, don’t you worry. We’ll solve this together.”
I smiled. “I’m glad you’ll help sir.”
I was happy that he would help me but I doubted he could. I was angry with the other girls for complaining to the Principle cause it would have made my problems worse but because of my luck nothing happened.
That day after school, I went to see a clairvoyant (Fortuneteller) to ask if she knew what was happening. It may seem stupid but I felt I had no other option.
I went into the place that belonged to Madam Cluré. I knocked on the door.
The door opened and I went in.
“Sit down, my child.”
“Thank you, I was wondering if you could tell me why…..”
“Andrew and Liam at your school are suddenly in love with you?” asked Madam Cluré
“Yes. Do you have a solution?” I asked
“Well this is the work of an enchantment. Probably done to make you feel annoyed with the guys and to draw your attention to one person. The person obviously knows that whatever the two boys have done already would annoy you. But dear the boys may have had feelings for you even before the enchantment. The only way that you can stop this is by finding whoever did this. The enchantment is strong. Only the enchanter will know how to stop it.”
“Is it Nigel? The one who did the enchantment? Is it Nigel?” I asked her
“I am sorry dear but the crystal shows no more. The enchanter is hiding his true identity.” she said
I kept my head on the table.” Why is this happening?” I asked
“The one, who strives to find solutions, will find solutions.” Said her voice and when I looked up, she was gone.
I went out of the place and the next day at school, I went to see Nigel.
“Ah Susan, Susan, Susan.Whatever brings you to me?” He asked
“Oh nothing much. Just wanted to talk to someone.” I said
“You’re most welcome, sit down.” said Nigel pointing to a chair beside him.
‘You just wait till I take off your mask, you criminal! Then you’ll regret playing with my life!’ I thought as I sat down.
“So Susan how’s life these days?” Asked Nigel
“Don’t talk about it! Andrew and Liam are driving me nuts, now I know what those two guys are really like. I think they’re enchanted. I’d like to know who enchanted them. I want to know how to do an enchantment myself.” I said hoping Nigel would fall for the trap and tell me what he did.
“Really? Well the enchantment is very simple really. You just ground 2 Hermosal leaves, 2 stems of a Bodinus plant and a drop from the famous love potions that Mr. Fan Dogh makes and you chant ‘Oh mighty spell listen to me, please don’t separate these three. Make Andrew and Liam fall in love with Susan. Let us see who is chosen.’ Then you should spill the potion on the girl or boy who is gong to be fallen in love with and then the spell will work in no time.” said Nigel very happy about himself.
“Fascinating and how do you break the enchantment?” I asked
“By Becoming my girlfriend.”
“WHAT?”
“Dear Susan did you really think I was stupid enough to tell you the truth so you could break the enchantment without becoming my girlfriend?” asked Nigel “I did all this to make you like me.”
“But you told me what you put in the potion.” I said
“That’s just my granny’s cough medicine and there’s no such thing as Mr. Fan Dogh’s famous love potions.” He said with a laugh
I quickly ran out of the room, maybe Nigel isn’t the one who did the enchantment. Maybe he’s also a victim.
I stop at my locker.
“SUSAN!” Says the speakers in the corridors. “MY DEAR SUSIE, DIDN’T YOU GUESS WHO I AM YET?”
“WHO ARE YOU?” I screamed
“YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE! REMEMBER HOW YOU WISHED THAT GUYS WOULD LIKE YOU? WELL YOU GOT YOUR WISH! I LIKE YOUR FEAR, SUSIE.IT’S MAKING ME STRONG. WHY DON’T YOU RUN HOME TO MUMMY AND HIDE BEHIND HER LIKE YOU USED TO DO WHEN YOU WERE SMALL.OH COME ON SUSIEEEEEEE.”Said the voice and it really frightened me. But if fear is what makes it strong then I will not be afraid.
“I ONLY WANTED LIAM TO LIKE ME, YOU IDIOT!IF YOU’RE SO GREAT,WHY DON’T YOU SHOW YOURSELF?” I asked
“OH NICE ONE, SUSAN.LEARNT A LOT WHILE I WAS AWAY, I SEE. I’LL LET YOU SEE ME BUT I DON’T THINK YOU’LL LIKE IT.”Said the voice
I shivered. Who could it be? Then the owner of the voice stood in the darkness in front of me.
“ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO SEE ME?”The voice asked
“Yes.” I said
The figure came in front of me.
It was human. It…..is a black figure
“Susie get up you’ll be late for school.” Said the voice and it sounded like my mom.
My mum? What?

I woke up. It was a dream. A very wild dream.
A month later…..
“Susan I have to ask you something.” said Liam
“What is it?” I asked
Liam took my hand and held it in his. “See this hand?” he asked showing me my hand. “I’ve been trying to take hold of this hand, kneel on the floor, and ask you to be my girlfriend for a long time.”
HEY WHAT’S GOING ON? IS MY DREAM COMING TRUE? OH NO!