Nyla: Space Journey | Teen Ink

Nyla: Space Journey

By TheUtopianWriter SILVER, Hays, Kansas
TheUtopianWriter SILVER, Hays, Kansas

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ Albert Einstein

Nyla
Chapter 1

Its summer in the year of 2049, the year I predicted the world would end. The only people who believed me were the government. Today I woke up in the month of July, just two days after Independence Day, and the temperature was -45o. Then I remembered that no one outside of Hays, Kansas, which is were I live, was on Facebook. For example, my girlfriend, Nyla, wasn’t on and she lives in Denver, Colorado. A tear ran down my cheek followed by several others, because I knew what had just happened. Nyla had died like everyone else outside of Hays; I’m not even sure why Hays is almost invulnerable from the coldness of the moon.

The moon got closer to the earth today, I realized that when I woke up today. Now, the people who didn’t believe me before, they do now. I understood why they didn’t before, it’s because I’m only 12, but a very smart 12-year-old. At least the government did, and because they did I told them to build a Hyper-speed spaceship in Hays, with my blue prints, of course they wouldn’t know how to build it. They did eventually, that’s when I looked at the calendar then saw that it’s only two weeks left in till the world will freeze except for one city, which was Hays. Sadly Nyla’s parents thought I going through another on of my phases, therefore they didn’t believe me. As you know, her parents were wrong.
~~~

Right now we’re getting on the ship that I named Godspeed. It took 20 minutes for everyone to get on, but it was just barely enough time; there is, from what I know, 10 minutes left till Hays gets as cold as every other place in world!
Chapter 2

“Alright everyone, we are going to a new planet that has water and the same air, which means we don’t have to wear space suits.” I said in a microphone. Then a girl my age asked what the planet was called.

It was quite for a while because I was thinking of Nyla and how she loved astronomy, and then I spoke up, “The planets name is called Nyla. Then everyone started clapping then after awhile it faded out.

“Alright, take your seats we are going in 30 seconds! After those 30 seconds all I did was press a single button and –ZOOM!- We were going 1,000,000 mph. Barely even felt the rush, but just about everyone else did. Then the “zoom” slowed down as I passed by Nyla, finally went very slowly into the planet, it was a really bumpy landing as we hit the squashy, while being rough at the same time ground. Godspeed slid for a while then stopped which made realize that this planet has friction.

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to your new home.”

After I had said that some cheered for me and some wished that there was already built houses here. Later I got the wood and cement and other supplies for houses. Then a man about 22-years-old said he would help me build the house for 1,000 lazy-asses that didn’t even bother to help. About a couple minutes later he told me about himself, his name is Jerryian Willow, and he was living in a trailer house, then one day he was watching TV he saw me telling my prediction on CNN, and that’s when he got interested in me. I found out that the government was not the only people who believed me, which of course made me feel like he was a pretty nice guy.
My parents weren’t as nice as Jerryian; they abandoned me when I was 9. I lived by myself by and made money by selling worms for fish bait, and then I got enough money to go to school. The teachers did wonder why I didn’t have my parents come in Parent Teacher Conference.

~~~

I checked the temperature to find out it was 90o F out here, which meant that I didn’t have to feel so bad about not finishing at least one house with Jerryian last night, and making the citizens sleep on the ground. Anyways, I think I’m going to go to sleep; some people, including me, brought sleeping bags. Since I had two, I let Jerry have one of mine.

Jerryian woke me up, not intentionally, with a whimper. He was standing up looking at something. The demeanor of his face tells me he is frightened, I began to get worried, so I went over there by him to check it out.

“You look scared, something wrong?” I asked. Then Jerry turned to me and stuttered, “L-l-look!” as he pointed to what looked like a rock, but suddenly it let out a screech ,that surprisingly didn’t wake anyone up, and showed us it’s fangs that had purple liquid dripping from them.
Chapter 3

Jerry and I cowered over by the almost finished house.

“What the hell are we going to do?” Jerry whispered as it was walking over to us.

“I’m going to try to communicate with it.” I whispered back. So, I stepped up a little closer to get a better look, but while doing so, sweat trickled down my neck. I was nervous. The creature was furry; it kind of looked like a green, rapid, dust-bunny shaped quadruped brute.

“What are you?” I murmured.

“Ahblog, humag…Nywa.” It said.

Somehow I realized what it said; its name is Ahblog and told me I was a human, but the strange thing it said was the name Nyla…. Of course! How could have I been so dumb, Nyla was telling me, before she died, about this planet, which is why I knew this would be the right planet to go to, but I forgot about her telling me she taught an E.T. English and it would help us. This must be the E.T she was talking about.

“Do you know Nyla, Ahblog?” I said petting its head.

“Yesh, you musht be Aaron!” Ahblog said. Then it purred and its body language.
To be Continued…

This story is actually inspired by a dream I had once. It's a story with suspense, love, and some science fiction. Thank you so much if you read this story.

TheUtopianWriter SILVER, Hays, Kansas

~ Albert Einstein

OMG! thank you.. No one usually comments on my stuff!! Thanks for the support

boundlesswildflower SILVER, Minneapolis, Minnesota

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities." - faults in our stars by John Green

Wow this is an amazing preview to your book! Its super metaphoric (which I love) and is such a unique + interesting story. Please keep me informed about the other parts of your story!