No Electricity

He looked at her, she looked at him. Their cerulean blue eyes met, and there it was. Love. They connected for what seemed like an eternity. Then, her eyes seemed to be getting smaller. No, she was getting smaller. No, she was just fading. Everything was. Then, it was all clear again. Twist's eyes shot open. The room materialized. A faint, yet constant, beep was the first thing he heard. He looked up. There she stood. Tall, graceful, motionless. Nicole, the white-haired, blue-eyed, goddess-like girl of his dreams - literally.
He realized what he had to do. Nicole had only just realized he had gained consciousness. She stepped into the room carefully and as she did an overwhelming aroma entered with her. This was more than the usual perfume. Twist suddenly realized what it was. She was carrying flowers. She laid them down at the foot of his bed and sat next to him and took his hand in hers. Normally Twist would have thought that there would have been some sort of electric feeling, some feeling of love, but when her hands touched his, he realized something. There was nothing. No overwhelming feelings, no increased heart-rate, not even a spark. It felt to him more like a gesture of friendship rather than a motion of love. Then, interrupting Twists train of thought, Nicole’s smooth, fluid voice broke the silence.