Silent Prayers

Sometimes I go outside and taste the air; hot and balmy, carrying the scent of new flowers and the sweet notes of the coming summer.
The sky is painted with the rosy promise of rain in the morning, and vague notes of birdsong echo in the distance.
The beauty of the evening in all it's golden brilliance seems to amplify a hollow kind of loneliness that settles in my chest and weaves it's claws around my heart. It's a loneliness that grows from my need to attach my soul to another who can promise that they, too, taste the notes of summer in the air and see the magnificence of the vibrant watercolor sky. As the sun bows her brilliant head behind the mountains, and the evening star appears in all it's twinkling glory on the horizon, I feel overcome with the impenetrable certainty that I am utterly alone, and although I don't believe in god, I cast a silent prayer into the velvet sky, pleading for the love that I inwardly crave.

BrandalynBoothThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful!

Calliashi said...
Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:11 am
WOW what imagery! This is so beautiful! I only have two tiny grammar mistakes: God is capitalized unless you use "a god" which implies different kinds. And "it's" is spelled without the apostrophe if you're referring to an inanimate object having possession. It's only means it is. Other than my nit-pickiness, this was a fantastic read and you really captured my interest!