An Education | Teen Ink

An Education

August 20, 2013
By ClaireBearH PLATINUM, McLean, Virginia
ClaireBearH PLATINUM, McLean, Virginia
20 articles 6 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
Aristotle Onassis


“What is going on here?” The question echoed through the building as the room suddenly fell silent. A girl with bright purple hair standing in the corner burst into tears and ran out the door. Suddenly, everything was chaotic. People were yelling excuses and explanations, girls throughout the room were sobbing, and the lights were flashing as some desperately tried to restore order. And me? Well, I was there too. But no one saw me. That’s my job: to be invisible. And to watch, to always stay alert and observe everything that is happening. But sometimes, watching gets boring. So I become an unseen participant. And that’s where this disaster comes in. You see, whenever I become involved, someone…or everyone…gets hurt. It’s unavoidable, part of my curse. And so, while these young, naïve teenagers are left to face a barrage of angry parents, cops, and teachers, I dart out, ready to bring trouble and mischief upon a new group of innocent, unsuspecting victims. Hey! It’s a tough world, and anyone who doesn’t know that needs…an education.