The Forest Guardian | Teen Ink

The Forest Guardian

By Siesie SILVER, Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Siesie SILVER, Wheat Ridge, Colorado

"life is not fun, you have to make it that way."

“Your worthless! No one would miss you if you died!”
“Look at her hair, it's the color of blood! She must be the devils daughter!”
“I don't blame her family for leaving her, I probably would have heft her too.”
This is what Breena herd every day. This is the words that she had become accustom too. Her only friend was the forest. She went into the forest every chance that she got. It was not like the city. The city was filled with filth and was harsh, why the forest was soft and beautiful.
One day she went crying into the forest. Today was worse than others because it was her sixteenth birthday. She didn't expect anyone to remember, but they did. She was met, in town, by a mob of people that tried to stone her.
Was there anyplace that would accept me- she thought as she kept running.
Through her tears she did not see the rock that made her trip. She landed, face first, into the ground. She did not try to move, she just laid there and cried.
“What is the matter?”
Her head shot up to see a small fairy in front of her. She sat up as the tears flowed from her eyes. Normally she would be ecstatic to see a woodland creature, but she couldn’t get the tears to stop.
“Everyone thinks that I should die! I just wish that their was somewhere that I could be loved!”
The fairy flew close to her face and smiled, “Do you have a family?”
“No, I was found in the forest as a baby...No one was willing to take me in so I live in a shack outside of town that I built myself.”
“Good, then come with me!”
Breena followed the fairy deep into the forest. Truly, Breena was tired and hurt from her fall, but she said nothing. At the deepest part of the forest there was a cave. It as dark inside and filled with dangerous monsters, but her little fairy friend kept her safe.
At the end of the darkness was a huge, beautiful valley. This valley was green with an abundance of flowers. There was a waterfall and river that flowed through the center of the valley that nourished the oases. There were trees that bore fruit and bushes that had colorful berries.
The best part was that it was full of magical creatures. Everything from unicorns to mermaids to elves. Every mythical woodland creature was standing in front of her in this beautiful land.
When they laid eyes on her, they came rushing towards her; smiling as they greeted her.
“We have seen you suffer, the forest has heard your prayer.” an older dwarf exclamed.
“We are going to make you into the guardian of this land so you will never have to leave.” Said my fairy friend.
“Are you sure? What about my hair and my looks, don't you hate me because of them?”
“Young one.” Spoke a elf, “We look at your heart. Not your looks. Others might only see how plain you are on the outside, but we have seen your golden, pure hart. That pure heart has given you this land and our friendship.”
As the elf finished its sentence, all the magical creatures put forth their hands towards Breena. All the creatures fused their magic to transformed her into the guardian of the forest.
Her gray peasant dress became a beautiful green gown and her red hair became lighter with flowers strung in it. Other then her new powers, her looks didn't change much.
When she asked about it, they just laughed and said, “You are beautiful the way you are”.
She was given the power to protect the creatures from those with horrid harts and mean them harm. She still lives with the creatures in that cave. Living a very happy life in a place where she belongs.

There is a place where you belong too. You just have to find it. So don't give up, don’t listen to the ones that want to bring you down, and always believe that your wishes will come true.

this is a childrens book that i wanted to do but it just turned into a short story.

Nonefun12345 said...
on Jul. 1 2013 at 11:37 pm
Good visionary writting I could see the fairies and the cave.  Keep up the good work.