The Fan Girl | Teen Ink

The Fan Girl

By BrisieBoo SILVER, Lucas, Ohio
BrisieBoo SILVER, Lucas, Ohio

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

She let the waves of music crash over her. She felt the bodies sway from side to side along with the rhythm, matching her own movement. The male singer serenaded the crowd with his harmonies, the guitarist sweet melody hit them like a welcome breeze. This is where Melody loved to be; in a crowd surrounded with strangers, all sharing her passion. As the song ended, the beat picked up, changing to the punk rock they had all come to see. Bodies crashed into each other as they moshed, danced and screamed for the band. Melody moved to the front of the crowd just to be closer to the band. She stood in awe as the singer, Chris Milson, sang out. Melody couldn't count on one hand how many times she had hugged his poster, kissed him in her dreams and watched his videos over and over just to see his face. She was in love with him. When her parents surprised her with tickets and backstage passes, she could hardly contain herself. She dressed just to impress him; tight dark denim skinny jeans that hugged all the curves she had, one of the bands t-shirts which was a white shirt with the words "Madness in Motion" printed across the chest that she had cut so her flat stomach showed. Her blond hair fell down to the middle of her back. She felt beautiful and even sexy. She wanted to leave the same impression on Chris and he had left on her.

After the show, Melody eagerly awaited her turn to go backstage. As the guard let her in, she spotted her Chris right away. His black hair was just long enough for him to spike up his bangs off his face. His bright blue eyes shone as he laughed at something the drummer said. His lean body relaxing on the couch he rested on. She walked towards him, trying to stay cool and confident. When he saw her, he instantly perked up.
"Why hello there miss, what's your name?" he asked, taking her hand in his.
"Mel-Melody," she finally stuttered out, a litter nervous.
He laughed as his eyes moved down to her midriff.
"I see you modified one of our shirts there," he said, tugging on the hem and gently touching her skin as she did so. Melody's body was instantly filled with electricity at his touch. He saw that, and his eyes shined again.
"Now Melody, why don't we go back to my hotel room? I'd love to get to know you better."
Melody timidly followed behind Chris as he took her hand and lead her out to the car awaiting them. The ride back to the hotel room made Melody nervous. Chris kept stroking her thigh and finding reasons to touch her skin. She knew what was going to happen as soon as they got there, and it scared her. She had only gone "all the way" with one guy her freshman year and it was the most awkward thing she had ever experience.
Once they arrived, Chris lead her to the elevator. He pressed the button to that lead to the penthouse and the elevator began moving. As soon as it moved, Chris made his move. He swooped down and Melody felt his lips press against hers. Soon, his tongue was invading her mouth and his hands were all over her body. Every cell in her body came to life, and she couldn't make him stop. After what seemed like an eternity, the elevator dings and they were in the penthouse. Without giving her a second to look around, Chris lead her to his room and shut the door.
Once the two were done, Chris got up from the bed. He quickly scooped Melody's clothes off the ground and handed them to her.
"Melonie that was great, but you have to go now. Get dressed and my driver is waiting to take you home." He said and began to walk out of the room. Melody felt a stab in her heart as she realized he didn't even remember her name anymore. She got dressed and began to walk out the door. When she opened it, Chris yelled out to her.
"Oh and Melonie! I forgot, I hope you enjoyed the show." He winked at her and shut the door in her face. Melody's eyes filled with tears and she cried all the way down to the lobby. Her idol, her biggest crush, had just used her for what he wanted and sent her on her way. She felt stupid for believing that he could fall in love with her. When she reached the car, his driver smiled sadly at her as he held open the door. She gave him her address and they drove in silence.
When she arrived home, it was almost four in the morning and her family was asleep. She walked into her room and quickly took down everything she had that could remind her of Chris Milson. Finally, she laid down in her bed and thought about the nights events and cursed herself for being so stupid. Finally, around six when the sun came up she had her final thought. "I'm just another fan girl," she closed her eyes and sleep engulfed her.

on Jun. 19 2013 at 10:10 am
BrisieBoo SILVER, Lucas, Ohio

Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Thank You! (: It was actually a dream that I just wrote down a couple months ago and I decided to type it up and put it here :3

Laur01 SILVER said...
on Jun. 18 2013 at 8:39 pm
Laur01 SILVER, Syracuse, New York

You never fail until you stop trying. -Albert Einstein

That was realy interesting!