Nine Lives | Teen Ink

Nine Lives

By Midnight1028 PLATINUM, SOUTH BELOIT, Illinois
Midnight1028 PLATINUM, SOUTH BELOIT, Illinois

"Seek the non-see-ken and follow your own path for the right life."

The song Life Is Beautiful from Sixx Am has a great message. “Open your eyes and see that life is beautiful,” they would sing. I think of that song as my English teacher is talking about our assignment. I think about all the lives I could have, but thinking about ideas is not me. I just start day dreaming about what my dreams are and a million things started popping in my head. I was going to write about school clicks, but I knew I would get bored with that topic and I decided to write about different jobs I would like to be like a rock-star, poet, writer, cook, an artist, and others. Suggestions just starting coming to me so quickly that I could not write them all down at once, but I wrote the main ones down. I starting falling asleep in study hall, and I could see my dreams in front of me. The second bell rang and I closed my eyes…

I am on a stage with a microphone in my face and a guitar in my hands. I am wearing dark clothing with black boots. I hear the screech from my guitar as I start the song and the crowd is roaring at me and cheering. I look around watching, singing, and smiling as the crowd started to dance to my music. I could not believe this. I am a rock star with the best band on Earth and our name is “Silent Heart.” The crowd starts to get out of control and security had to put up cement blocks in front of them. When we finish playing our last song, the band and I walked to our bus to our new show. The people were cheering and asking for our autographs. I gave the crowd autographs and someone said, “How is this bell?” Ring!

I wake up to see that I am lying in my bed. It is 4:00 in the morning. The phone starts ringing. I answer it, and I hear a familiar voice. “Are you Ariel, the most famous poet in the world, who wrote the poem Heart Broken?” I did not know what to say, but my mouth sure did. I hear myself say, “Yes,” and the woman was telling me that she was Oprah Winfrey; she also wants to interview. In shock, I said, “Yes and I would love too.” After I hang up the phone, I start jumping on my bed almost forgetting I have a book signing event at 6:00 a.m. My alarm clock starting ringing…

Bang, I wake up smell the most magical, mouth-watering, and light food in the world. I see that I am a head cook in Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen, and I notice someone just knocked over a stack of pots. Mr. Ramsay comes in and starts yelling at her. She says she is sorry. I was just working on my honey roast ham. The smell of the ham filled the room; I thought I was drooling. Mr. Ramsay sees my ham and asks if he could taste it, but I told him the ham was not done yet and it still had five minutes. He waited five minutes and asks again. I gave him a piece and he jump from joy. He told me that was the best ham he ever had and was so happy that I was in his kitchen. Then, I smelled something burning. The fire alarm started going off…

I am looking at a painting. It is the most beautiful painting I have ever seen. The painting had red roses floating down a river with a night sky. The night sky had stars and a full moon covered with some gray clouds. I saw the mirror beside me. I saw myself. Hair tied up, covered in paint, in a paint suit, and the paint brush and tray in my hands. I was an artist. I notice the window was opened. I guess I was using the sky to paint this. Then, I saw the two roses and the river in my backyard. The scene was so beautiful. The scene was like a dream to me. Just like a dream that only children could see because they see true beauty with their eyes. Ring, ring, ring…

I am sitting at computer with my typed words. I start scanning to remember what I was writing. “I ran… I see things… It is a ghost.” I am the best horror romance writer in the country, and I will never stop because I love writing ever since I was little girl. I felt the character as I kept writing and I knew what the next book will be about. I writing a story about a teenage girl named Lexi, and how she discovers a new and exciting world of mystical creatures, but a dark ruler discovers it as well and decides to take over. Lexi must stop this darkness from taking over. As I was writing, I got a text saying, “Hurry, Ariel! This book’s deadline is in two days!” Two days! I only have seven chapters done. Well, looks like I have lots of work to do. I got a cup of tea with honey and start typing as fast as I could. My phone started to ring…

I am a video game tester for all companies dealing with video games. I see my Xbox 360 and Play Station 3 in front of me. I just got a new game to test from Sony. The game was called “Nightmare Monsters.” This game is supposed to be the most horrific game ever. The game starts in a ghost town. As you are walking around, you find things to help survive this living nightmare. I ran over to the barn on the far part of town and this monster was chasing me. Then, it disappeared; I thought it was gone, but boy was I wrong. I turn around and there it was in my face. The monster girl has killed me and the scene popped up game over. “Why is she in my face?,” I screamed. I told Sony “Nightmare Monsters” the most frightening game I have ever played. I love being a video game tester. I get to play games that have not came out is such a blast. When I turned on my Xbox, I heard it ring…

I am in an ice skater outfit. I was performing for the safe ice skating and future skaters’ fundraiser. I was the number one ice skater in the world, and I heard about the closing of Beloit, WI, ice skating rink. I knew I had to do something because I grow up there and I started ice skating there. I had to save it. I asked people who went there if some of them would like to perform. I saw sixty hands go up. I just smiled. We all started training. The youngest boy and girl practiced spins and skating on ice. The older children practiced spins, jumping, and their own moves for their performances. The adults set up food places, a place to donate money, and a place to pay to get in. I helped to teach them how to do cool moves, like the swan lake. I also showed them my own personal move called dancing on fire. The move insists of twisting while stomping your skate to the ground. After practice, a bell rang…

I am in the sky watching the world as the world watches me. I’m the stars mother, while the sun is the star father. I’m the moon and I’m proud of it. I watch as the human get ready for bed. I watch some of them go out on dates and some go out with friends. I watch how people act towards each other. Sometimes it bad, but I know they don’t mean the stuff they say or do. I wish they knew I was watching because sometimes the stuff people do is gross. Like last night, I saw a kid pick his nose in his sleep and eat it. Gross! I know right! But, he was sleeping, so I guess he did not mean to. I also saw some hunter shoot a deer. Gross! Oh well people have to eat too, right? I heard Big Ben ring…

I see children around me saying, “Read another story, Ms. Markin.” I’m a kindergarten teacher. I heard myself, “Okay. One more. Let’s read Green Eggs and Ham.” The children were very happy about this and sat down as I start to read. I see that the children are about to fall asleep. After the story, I told them it is time to take a nap. They all got their mats, pillows, and blankets. They all fell asleep. They were so cute. They looked like a bunch of babies taking long naps. I look on the board and saw these sentences “The ants ate an apple pie,” “Bumble Bees bounce around,” “Walt Disney makes a lot of dream come true.” The school bell beings to ring…

I woke up and knew it was a dream. I wish it was real, but I will have to try really hard. I will start with this paper and work my way up. I have seen all of my dreams and my life flash before my eyes, as I kept writing the paper. My future will be great. I realized I really want to be a teacher, the moon, a skater, a video game tester, an artist, a cook, a poet and a rock-star. I finally finished my nine lives paper and each dream I have has its own paragraph. I hope my teachers like this paper. I wish I had nine lives, so I can live all my dreams, but I only have one.

I wrote this for my English class. We had to do a Nine Lives paper and write about each live and what we would do