Seeing is Believing | Teen Ink

Seeing is Believing

By Kirsten Foley SILVER, Pleasant Plains, Illinois
Kirsten Foley SILVER, Pleasant Plains, Illinois

As her lips touched his I could feel my heart drop to the floor. It wasn’t a, hey you’re here and I’m here lets kiss. It was an intentional kiss, a loving kiss that should have be mine.

I was so exited!! I got a brand new boyfriend. This isn’t just any boyfriend it’s The Boyfriend! When I first met him we were at the mall and his friend new my friends and the second I saw him I knew there was going to be something. When I watched him I didn’t know that he was watching me to until he looked straight into my eyes. Me being me I made a flirty smile and started to walk away to see if He would follow. When he did I was totally shocked. I felt my heart racing. When we were about to leave he asked if I could talk to him. I knew what the Talk was. He was going to ask Me out!

“You’re pretty cool, well I was wondering” he sort of stuttered, “Do uh you uh wanna uh date?”
“Hum” I pretended that I couldn’t think of what to say so I didn’t take to long because I didn’t want him to think I didn’t want to. “Well, sure!!” I said with enough excitement to give him good thoughts.

We were totally perfect for each other everyone told us. Then there were others that said to be careful because guys can be trouble and push away friends. At the time I thought they were selfish but now I wish I would have listened.

We went on over ten dates and I was still waiting for a First Kiss! Talk about an anxious girl! I wasn’t going to be the first to lean in but I was starting to think that was my only hope. When we went on our eleventh date, at Denny’s (he is very classy I know), I thought he leaned into kiss me so I leaned back but I went so fast we whacked heads. I was so embarrassed! It got worse when he asked what I was doing and I told he I thought he was leaning in to kiss me. He laughed to break the silence and said he went to grab his napkin that fell under my chair. It was devastating!

After that incident he stopped calling and returning my calls. I knew something was up so I left a snotty message and decided to hang with the girls.

“Hey. What are you doing tonight?” I asked one of my friends on the phone.

“Oh, well not hanging with you!” she returned rudely.

I was so confused I didn’t know how to respond so I just mumbled ”What?”

“So, you and what’s his name aren’t doing anything so Now you have time for me! Well I’m busy!” CLICK!
I couldn’t believe she had said that or hung up on me. I called some of my other friends and got the same ending, CLICK! I decided that instead of worrying about them id go see Him! I knew he’d be home so I went to visit him. When I was walking up to his door I peeked in the window to see if I could scare him. But turns out I would be the one to get the scare.

I saw him with another girl. As her lips touched his I could feel my heart drop to the floor. It wasn’t a, hey you’re here and I’m here lets kiss. It was an intentional kiss, a loving kiss that should have be mine. I was in shock. I hurried away so they didn’t see me or hear me cry. I had no idea where to go. I lost my boyfriend, my friends because of my boyfriend, so I was alone.

As I sat at home in shock watching 90210 eating Ben

megan said...
on Dec. 30 2008 at 3:08 am
i love this! it covers all the dramas of dating ( kissing, other girls, friends ) and it is so well written! good job =)

ERob said...
on Sep. 22 2008 at 9:13 pm
i like that. it is very real and true.