A Perfect Summer House | Teen Ink

A Perfect Summer House

By love-tennis BRONZE, East Granby, Connecticut
love-tennis BRONZE, East Granby, Connecticut

A tall crystal vase stood centered on the table. The light from the window shone through the glass and formed rainbows on the mahogany wood. The colors of the rainbows disappeared for a moment as the sun was blocked by a cloud. The sky cleared after a moment, and the rainbows reappeared.

Tall tulips stood in the vase. Just plain, pink flowers, but they brought out such a gentle feeling to the room.

The walls were covered with photos of summers spent in the past. The kitchen stood spotless and clean, ready to be messed up with flour and batter, and any food recipe you could possibly think of. The hallway led you to three bedrooms, neat and tidy, the beds all made.

Back again in the kitchen, a slide door takes you outdoors. A small pond is seen in the distance, the perfect spot to spend a day catching frogs and salamanders, or maybe just taking a swim.

At the front of the house, a porch swing slightly sways back and forth. A garden of flowers grows along the white picket fence, the flowers dotted with colors of purple, yellows, and whites.
The road is empty, this Saturday morning. The air is still, as if awaiting a moment of joy.
A few hours pass, and down the road, comes one single car, which slows down and turns. It turns down the driveway and reaches the house. Five small children open the door and come running out. Their parents follow , smiling as they walk hand in hand.
Soon, the summer house is filled with laughter, messes in the kitchen, and beds unmade. Yet, the summer house is as perfect as always.

I just wanted to practice my descriptive writing. Tell me your thoughts on it!