family reunion | Teen Ink

family reunion

April 12, 2013
By unknowncriminal GOLD, Centerville, Iowa
unknowncriminal GOLD, Centerville, Iowa
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

This is a story about a little eight year old girl who got lost in England when she left her parents to go get ice cream. The little girls name is Kendra, her fathers name is Jeff and her mother is Noel. Kendra saw an ice cream stand and went to get a rainbow popsicle. After she got it she headed back to her parents but she couldn’t find them so she walked around yelling there names. Kendra did this for about ten minutes before a police man officer came up to her and asked if she was lost.


She told the officer what had happened and told him her name was Kendra, and the police man officer told her his name was Wyatt. Wyatt told Kendra to come with him to his police car. When they reached his police car they got in it, and he got on his radio and told the dispatcher that he found a lost kid. The dispatcher told Wyatt to bring her down to the police station so that they can figure out exactly who she is, and to figure out a way to get a hold of her parents.


When they got down to the copshop the dispatcher was the first person they met and he told Kendra his name was Christian. They took her fingerprints hoping she would be in their system.
Christian asked her what she was doing here, and she said she came to see family she has never even met. Christian told her he was meeting some family tonight that he hasn’t seen in ten long years. After they did her fingerprints they put it through the system and nothing came up. After sitting in the police station for a few hours Kendra and Christian became bestest buddies. It was about 7:30 when Christian told Kendra he had to leave soon. As soon he said that she got very upset. Christian came up with an amazing idea but had to ask his chief if it would be alright. He went into the chiefs office and asked if would be alright if Kendra could go with him to his family reunion because she was suppose to go to her own but cant now. The chief said it would be fine but they had to go there and straight back. Christian walked back out to the main office where Wyatt was talking to Kendra. Christian walked up and said Kendra I have something important to ask you. She got excited and asked him what it was. He asked her if she would like to go to his family reunion with him. Kendra said yes before he could finish his sentence. Christian also said that he had a brother that would absolutely love her.


As they got to the reunion Christian said that they were gonna talk to his brother first and his wife first. Christian saw his brother and his brothers wife but they looked sad. When he walked up and asked what was the matter he said that they lost their daughter. As soon as he said that Kendra stepped out from behind Christian and said dad its me. Jeff and Noel were so glad to see her, and had been praying that she was alright. Jeff asked Christian how he got her and he told Jeff the whole story from when she was found until they got to the reunion. Christian walked up to her and said I told you my brother would love you.