Summer Kisses | Teen Ink

Summer Kisses

By SofiaElena SILVER, NYC, New York
SofiaElena SILVER, NYC, New York

The kisses he gave her felt like summer. Like warm breezes, waves crashing against the sand, and clear blue skies. There was something beautiful, something sacred about his summer kisses. Something so special and unique about each one that it sent a shiver running down her spine each and every time. His embrace was like the fall. Like the crisp leaves falling off the trees, floating towards the concrete. The security of his autumn embrace made her feel as though nothing could touch them. Like nothing could ever hurt them. Their goodbyes were like winter. Painfully cold and grey. Longing for the summer, for that autumn security, hiding from the uncertainty that was the future, they buried themselves underneath her blankets. They wished for hours on end that they’d never have to leave. That the world they had gotten lost in would become their entire reality. But like any season, like all the leaves that were destined to fall off, their love came to an end. With hearts heavy with sadness, they had their last summer kiss. They held each other one last time, and with that, stepped slowly out of their world, and entered back into the bitter, lonely, perpetually isolated world, that is ours.

on Apr. 7 2013 at 5:37 pm
readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

I really liked the ending.  Which isn't to say the begining isn't good, it's well written, just doesn't stand out from a lot of other stuff (which isn't your fault).  But the ending suprised me, i really love the last line :)