Letter to Those Who Will Hear Me

Dear Reader,

I live in a land where there is no soil. Every day, out in the sun, my brothers and I toil away. The ground is hard rock which is cold as ice at night. And the shadows thrown out by light are most frightening. I live in a world in which love is nonexistent. Food and water are things we must work for.
I know about your kind, where you live. You live in a world of wonder. I hear there are seas and oceans and water that flows freely for everyone to drink and bathe in. How wonderful it must be! How lucky are you to live in such paradise?
For a while, my kin and I dreamt of visiting your world. We made hasty plans to leave our lives of slavery behind and come join you. But we were afraid that you would not accept us.
We were afraid that we would not find you.
So we gave up, hopelessness taking over our desire to be free.
I hear you have food that you can store away from thieving hands. The boxes that your store your meats in are cold and so the food does not spoil. How ingenious!
Here, we have little to eat and whatever little we have will kill your appetite. We cannot eat the meat here. It is foul and poisonous. It comes from evil beasts that prey on us and our young.
They say you have pets, animals that you keep in the home. These animals, are they loving towards you? How can beasts possibly love?
I will find your world someday. But it will take me a long while yet.
You must promise me something. You must promise me many things.
Promise me that you will preserve your world. Let no evil touch it. Let no man steal its wonders or kill its creatures. Promise me that you will protect it from the sun’s scorching rays so that when I arrive it will be cool and I will not sweat as I do here in the fields. Promise me that you will love one another and share stories of love and loving people. Do not let hope abandon you as it has my people. Promise me that you will accept all people no matter what size, shape or color they are. Promise me that you will not make riches your first priority. Promise me you will respect those who have gone before you. Promise me that you will not change who you are because there are people who do not like you. Promise me that you will think yourself strong and brave.
Promise me that when I find your world, I will be happy.

Sincerely,

????

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 5 at 6:58 pm:
This is so phenomenal and true. What a bizaare concept to write about yet so intriguing! It truly makes one think of her life and how things are placed in this world. It made me think of how grateful we all should be for what we have. Thank you so much for writing this; it is truly an inspiration.

BrandybuckTookThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 6 at 5:42 pm :
*Her. Thank you!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 6 at 8:53 pm :
Haha sorry. I didnt mean to say that. Meant "thier."

Aug. 7 at 5:24 pm :
Clumsy thumbsy ^u^

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 23 at 11:31 am:
Took! That made me cry! :((( All of those things I feel just as deeply. I wish, I wish. *Sigh*  I wish somehow we could change all this for real..

Mar. 24 at 10:58 am :
We can change it. That's why I wrote this letter to encourage people to do a little more every day to make this world a better place. Trust me, if I didn't believe it, I wouldn't have written this ;)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 26 at 5:48 am :
That's amazing. You know maybe now I can try believing and trusting too.. 

Mar. 26 at 10:21 am :
Think about it: what have you got to lose?

Mar. 27 at 4:26 am :
Yes you're right! Thank You For this! :D

Mar. 27 at 11:29 am :
You're welcome!