Childhood Ruined | Teen Ink

Childhood Ruined

By torigirl0609 PLATINUM, Palm Coast, Florida
torigirl0609 PLATINUM, Palm Coast, Florida

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."

As a sixteen-year-old girl, I would love to draw out my child hood like one of my other drawings; draw childhood as a beautiful piece. A piece with wild flowers, flowing in a light summer breeze. A bright blue sky with a delicately painted sun, shining down on a little eight year old. With long curly brown hair. A little girl who’s eyes to tell a story so despicable, no person should comprehend.
A story of shame, story of helplessness, and embarrassment, a truly grueling tale of sexual abuse. No story of this content is a pretty one, nor an easy one to tell.
A family member of mine. Actually no, he wasn’t even really family, just a monster that was brought into my life by someone I had trusted, haunting young dreams, only to shape the person that I have become today. A selfish, controlling, sociopathic, demented mind to say the least. He showed me just how evil the human-race can be and how foul even a trusted family member can act in a cruel method of control. This "thing" did truly horrific things which would make one physical sick to ones stomach. This "thing" made me to do things to him, which no eight year old should have knowledge about. The evil in his eyes. The smell of his filthy skin and the words harsh words that play over in my mind, which play no differently to when he first spoke them. This “thing” was horrible I blocked out the memory for years, slowly regaining it in flashes and little tiny pieces until finally I had the entire picture, now that I remember I am forced to re-live it every single day.

To draw a picture of this animal; no words, emotions or can paint a picture of what this person was. He was nothing. A true waste of the earth’s precious resources. He has claimed all my tears of hurt. He has taken away from me what seems everything in my life that matters. Everywhere I turn I see him. No human has a right to violate even a person whom has committed all wrong in his or her storybook.
The scene that plays over in my mind which best not be described, for it is a true tale of betrayal and one my mind has no interest in comprehending. As I replay this scene over in my head I think of everything I could have done to fight him off, and I live with the blame I place on myself as well as him everyday of my life. Rippling effect that will last a lifetime. He is a waste of a life. A tragedy to say the least.