Distractions Prove Fatal | Teen Ink

Distractions Prove Fatal

By RojerThatCat ELITE, Canoga, California
RojerThatCat ELITE, Canoga, California

"We all can be only what we are, nothing more, or less."- Sword of Truth (Kahlan)

“Shut up!” yelled Isabel to her nagging friend Bethany. (Bethany looks over at Isabel while steering the car down an intersection)
“You ought to be studying! Do you want to fail Mr. Brington’s test?” replied Bethany. (beginning to lose her temper)
“If it means I can enjoy life right now then yes. Don’t you have other people’s hopes and dreams to crush or something?” said Isabel with a harsh demeanor. (Bethany begins to quietly sob and let’s go of the steering wheel)
“Why are you so mean?” cried Bethany.
“I have always been like this but you hardly noticed because you are too soft. Look you are going to make us cra---“ screamed Isabel.
(Car spins off the road, overturns twice, everything is still and silent)

(4 hours later)
“Ma’am I am sorry to inform you that your daughter was in a fatal car accident today that killed both her and her friend Bethany. We gathered what we could from the car wreck but since they were going down a deserted road, no one could have helped them before the car was set afire. If we could have just gotten there sooner they might still be here today. I’m sorry Mrs. Stilton.” Said Detective Craigs. (He handed her a Ziploc bag of half written history notes and random articles of clothing that had flown out of the car before the fire.
“Oh my God!” yelled Mrs. Stilton. (She begins to cry. The world goes black)

I pictured this all in a dream and came upon random notes about it I must have written right afterwards.