Once Upon A Time | Teen Ink

Once Upon A Time

By CaitlinB GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
CaitlinB GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

Once upon a time, there lived a boy remembered as Harry Potter who was chosen to attend Hogwarts, where he made the best of friends and defeated the evil sorcerer that had killed his Muggle parents years ago. Once upon a time, Charlie Gordon, a mentally retarded man, underwent a neurological surgery, managed to surpass the intelligence of his doctors, and eventually returned to his former childish mental state along with his rodent of a pal, Algernon. Once upon a time, a literary professor known as Humbert became romantically obsessed with twelve-year old Dolores, or as he liked to call her, Lolita, and ended up in prison for murdering the other man that she loved.

Once upon a time, there was a girl who found herself trapped in numerous predicaments. She attempted to escape her troubles by reading. By doing this, she travelled to faraway lands where she could be anyone she wanted. If she wanted to be a princess, she could flip open Ella Enchanted. If she wanted to be adored by a boy who unconditionally loved her, she could borrow The Hunger Games from the library. If she wanted to be a child genius, she could curl up on the bed at night with Matilda. If she wanted to be part of a circus in Illinois, she could read Water for Elephants. If she wanted to be who she truly was, well, she’d just have to find out herself. The end.