Anywhere but here | Teen Ink

Anywhere but here

October 2, 2012
By Anonymous

I honestly don't want to be here right now, I rather go back to sleeping in and late nights talking to him on the phone, than be at this school. Sure we broke up, but I wouldn't mind going back to those times. I don't want to be here in this class room full of guys swooning over this one girl who acts like she can't stand them messing with her but is actually sitting there leading them on. Giggling, twirling her blond hair around her finger and batting her eyes at them. It's annoying. The guys only do it to her too, not me, or the only other girl in class. Figures. I'm counting down them moments until the bell rings and I can go to lunch and scan the crowd for him. It's wrong, but it gives me some comfort. I look at my note book since last year, the year I was a freshman. Fresh Meat for every upperclassmen. I shudder and wait for the bell. Daydreaming about what it would be like to swallow my pride and actually go up to him to apologize for being stupid. The bell finally rings. I sigh and think that I'm not going to talk to him any time soon. I walk out of the class room behind the blond and her clan of guys. Not paying attention I run into someone, I look up and I see him. He does the most unexpected thing and hugs me.
"I'm sorry" I whisper, thinking. I wouldn't want to be anywhere but here.