Everyone's Hero | Teen Ink

Everyone's Hero

June 27, 2012
By Staystrong13 PLATINUM, Royse City, Texas
Staystrong13 PLATINUM, Royse City, Texas
23 articles 27 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." -T.S. Eliot


The wind ruffles the dew covered grass coating her chilled toes in bitter sweet ice. The ravens that fly overhead sing songs of ruckus into the almost angelic sky. With not a penny to her name she trudges on, head held high, her eyes never leaving the horizon and her past haunts her every memory. Somehow, somewhere deep deep within her heart of tender stone, she found the strength to go on.
Home has no meaning, sanity and sympathy have long since left her course veins. She sees no hope for her hero has abandoned her. Her hero, a Superman cloaked in denim jeans and a tee shirt, has left her for dead. The solid ground this monumental figure provided shattered in an instant, for even heroes have the right to bleed.
Superman himself needed to be saved from the dark he hid deep in his heart of golden hope. Imploding, no one noticed his steady fall to hopelessness and despair for the preferred to die in silence merely to spare his pride. To the grave he flew, leaving behind all the kryptonite. Only a battered, faded, cape proved he ever existed. He cried for help, though no sound came from his rouge tinted lips of serenity. Louis Lane, whom his strength lied within, did all she could but even that was not enough to save him from the wrath of humanity. Her tears of crimson and black decorate the headstone of her heart for it was only his to bend, break, warp, and caress purely his to hold. It is forever frozen in his chest no revival in sight.
Everyone has a hero, the greatest of the great are no exception for we all break; breaking points people can only see when their hero is too far gone to be reached, until their hero is too far gone to be saved from themselves. Darkness, death, hate, trials, regret, and oblivion lie within us all thus we all need a savior, a hero, to fly in like a bird, kick the bad guy around and save the day just one more time. Though Superman shall never again see the light of day his legacy lives on. For Superman it is too late for this young girl, however, it is just the beginning as she now tries to make it on her own. She is the hero in the eyes of many yet she cannot even save herself in the end. Will this be another tragedy or shall it be a story of heroism, strength and trust? Only time will tell for humanity is cruel, insensitive, but we are the only ones who can save each other now.