In a Blink of an Eye | Teen Ink

In a Blink of an Eye

By hall2015 GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
hall2015 GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

"Everyone falls down champions get back up!"

There she was trapped in her room all alone a sixteen year old spoiled brat. Never wants to come out because her parents are there. How is she going to survive in this small little room?

Days have passed living in this small room. Just thinking to herself, “How am I going to get out of here without having to make contact with my parents?”

A quick call for her friend and all was set. She was going on a vacation with the Johnson family. Chloe Johnson is Alli’s best friend and was worried something terrible had happened to her. There turned out to be nothing wrong with her, she was just hiding from her parents. In one week Alli will be free and away from her parents.

One week later they are on the plane to the British Virgin Islands.Chloe had never seen Alli this happy in years. They are having a great time swimming and walking around exploring. Glad to be away from Minnesota.

Meanwhile, back in Minnesota there had been a horrible bus accident. Three dead, twelve injured. Alli’s parents caused it. They pulled out in front of a the school bus. Their little car was no match for the big, yellow beast.

Alli hangs up the phone. Not a tear in her eyes. She’s too shocked for that. Chloe stands by, nervously anticipating the news Alli is about to give her. Chloe is scared by the empty look on her friends face. “They’re dead.” Two words. The last two words Chloe Johnson would hear from her friend for a very long time.

Sobbing. Chloe listened harder, yes, she heard crying. Jumping out of her bed she ran down the hall to the guest room where Alli is sleeping. “Alli!” The girl’s small form is a tiny lump under the covers. “Alli! Wake up, Alli, it’s just a dream.”

“No!, no, no, no, no, no! Please! Come back to me. I’m sorry! Mom! Dad! Please!” Chloe can’t move. Her heart is yet again breaking for Alli. Alli, who has still not uttered a conscious word. Alli, who three months after the fact still looked empty. Alli, who after sixteen years, finally realized just how much her parents meant to her.