The Knight's Sword | Teen Ink

The Knight's Sword

The knight lifted his sword amidst the dragon’s flaming breath, and just as the noble knight was about to sever the dragon’s huge head, Tim's mom walks through the bedroom door and turns off the computer.

“Die you evil- Hey!!! Mom want did you that for?!?” Tim asked.

“You didn’t do your chores when you got home from school today, and that’s the seventh time this week!” Tim's mom replied.

“But I was just about to eradicate the evil winged cave dragon of the Shal’dur Kingdom! Plus, I didn’t get a chance to save.” Tim said with his head down.

“Well, now you can eradicate the evil overgrown grass of the Front-yard Kingdom!” said Tim’s mom “Now go get a move on!”
Tim got up from his computer chair and walked down the stairs, when Tim’s little sister walked into view from the other side of the hallway. She was holding a pencil that needed sharpening. But on closer expectation, Tim noticed that his sister was actually a troll! And she wasn’t holding a pencil; she was holding a blunt arrow. The troll reached behind her back and pulled out a crude wooden bow.
“Sharpen this for me!” she shouted with a fierce cry.
The troll released the arrow, but Tim jumped to the side just as the arrow struck a nearby vase, destroying it utterly. Tim made a run for the garage, which was now rapidly changing into a horse stable.
Tim burst through the stable door and shouted with a mighty voice, “And where is my noble steed?”
Tim shot a glance at his dad’s brand new lawnmower. As he jumped on it and cranked the green and yellow grass cutter, it transformed into a magnificent armored horse. Tim looked at the stable entrance, only to find that the troll had caught up and was hitting the wall furiously. This caused, to Tim’s delight, the stable door to swing open.
“Forward Moon Child!” Tim directed the horse. The horse obeyed her master’s orders and changed out of the stable at full speed. Tim noticed at once the beautiful scenery, which lay just in front of the horse stable. The sight was truly breathtaking. Just is front was a huge open prairie and gently rolling hills. The birds were singing their graceful songs; bees were cheerful buzzing from flower to flower, the agile butterflies floating elegantly on the crisp, cool breeze. While Tim was admiring the explicit beauty, something hard had hit him on the back of Tim's large head. Tim quickly turned around, only to find a large female troll with her boar steed.

The boar was advancing quickly on the horse’s heels. Tim was desperate; he needed a way out, a plan of some sort. Tim searched his pockets in his pants and found a pen. He pulled it out and just a he extracted the writing utensil, it morphed into a bright, shining sword of the finest quality. The troll and Tim were neck and neck at this point. Tim swung his sword at the ugly troll, but missed only slightly. The troll, taking advantage of his mistake, knocked the blade from his hands. Tim made a grab for it, but it was far out of reach before he even reacted to it. Tim was now defenseless, so troll jumped from her boar and tackled Tim of the horse. Even though Tim was of his horse, and troll of her boar, they continued to run. The horse and the boar collided, and the horse tripped over the boar and ran into a nearby tree.
Tim and the troll hit the ground, and they hit it hard. As soon as Tim and the ground made contact, the troll turned back into his sister, the noble steed back into a lawnmower, and the boar into Tim’s sister’s bike. Tim tried to stand up, but fell back to the ground as soon as he did. He shot a glance at the lawnmower. It had run into a tree at full speed, which rendered it useless. The bike got ran over right down the middle, which had caused it to bend it half. That was also unable to be repaired. He was most worried about the lawnmower, after all, it was his dad’s brand new lawnmower, and Tim’s dad loved his toys. Tim tried to get off the ground again and succeeded. His sister had recovered too.
“Tim!!!” shouted Tim’s little sister, “Wake up! That’s the fifth bike you’ve broken this year, and it’s only March! You really need to take a break from all those videogames. It’s like they supercharge your imagination or something!”