Baseball

It was the bottom of the ninth, two outs, man on second. We were down by seven going in to the ninth, and we have scored six runs this inning. I have hit a grand slam already this inning. the announcer says, now up to bat for the Saints, number twenty seven, I center my self and block out all sound. As I walk up to the plate the catcher yells back up. Right when I hear those words I know what I am doing.

Bunt. The pitcher guns it at me as hard as he can, and I tap the ball down the third base line. I can not see it but I know it is good when the sound of the catchers mask crunch on the ground.. As I round first I notice the runner on third a run halfway, to get into a pickle. They see me and fall for my trick. The runner on third easily scores, and as the catcher throws to second it goes over the guy’s head. I feel the wind on me as I cross third. The centerfielder throws a bullet, it is a close play. As the catcher brings his glove around, I clip home with my left hand and beat the glove. I hear the ump yell safe as I throw off my helmet and celebrate.