I Guess That's How It Works... | Teen Ink

I Guess That's How It Works...

November 14, 2011
By C.Erickson BRONZE, Wausau, Wisconsin
C.Erickson BRONZE, Wausau, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Begin at the begining and go on till you come to the end; then stop"- Lewis Carol's 'Alice in Wonderland'


You know that feeling? That helpless, gut-twisting, terrible feeling of being alone? I feel that way when I'm around too many people. I know, I know, what a weird thing to say, right? I mean, what kind of person feels alone in a crowd of people? Well, I guess it's not that I feel alone, it's that I feel... judged... I know, everyone gets judged, but even though I've dealt with it for the past 13 years, it feels new to me. The constant pressure, the feeling of acceptance, it's all weird to me! My father always says to me, "Deal with it! You're practically a man!" but does that help? Of course not. I don't know, maybe it's all in my head, then again, maybe it's not. Maybe everyone looks at me and thinks I'm a freak! Maybe whenever I walk in a room, everyone wishes they were somewhere else! Maybe... maybe... God, I'm sick of always saying "maybe," I mean, what an irritating word. I guess I'm over reacting... Maybe I should take my dad's advice... Well, until next time, wish me luck...