A New Word: Shonk

Shonk (sho?k) v. to poke something or someone vigorously. As the little boy was going to throw mud at the girl she shonked him before he had the chance.
A mysterious but known death had the public stunned. On July 18, 1963 eight year old Henry Clay died of internal bleeding. But the question is, how did this happen?
Rumor has it that an eight year old died of internal bleeding by getting poked in the side or in better words shonked. One the east side of San Diego two children were playing in a backyard. The mother’s of the two children said they were playing nicely. They both witnessed Henry approaching Charlotte with mud in his hand. They heard Charlotte cry out “I’m going to shonk you!” She stuck her shovel in his side. Before they knew it Henry had doubled over and was crying out in pain. Officials reported that internal bleeding was immediately taking place.
Henry was emitted to a nearby hospital. Doctors couldn’t find out where the bleeding had started. Henry was getting worse. On July 18, 1963 Charlotte came by. He looked her in the eyes and said “That was a funny word you said before you stuck me with your shovel. I like it. That should become a word. Can you do that for me?” He smiled up at her. Slowly the smiled faded and his eyes closed. That was the end of Henry Clay.
In 1993, thirty years later, if you would open a dictionary you would find the word “shonk” in there. Charlotte had kept her promise.