When the waves struck | Teen Ink

When the waves struck

By Amanda24 DIAMOND, Lynnfield, Massachusetts
Amanda24 DIAMOND, Lynnfield, Massachusetts

" Move on. It's just a chapter in the past. But dont close the book, just turn the page.

Where did the days go when everyone went down by the beach or catching fireflies at night? Ava remembered the days where she would go down to the shore and lay out on the beach and stare at the sun until her eyes couldn’t bare it. Commotion from the ocean and the boardwalk was like music to her ears. The beach suddenly turned unbearable to go after August fifth for anyone in the small seaport town. The night started of high and innocent, Ava was with a group of friends and her family was down by the other side of the ocean. The night was warm and the clouds were black, the waves were violent and strong knocking everything down in it’s path. As the night came to a end, they began paying their goodbyes and their farewells, something or someone was out of place. Jake, her best friend, was missing and was no where to be seen for miles. He is the most important thing in her life and now he is missing. Ava panicked and started screaming and calling his name and running around in circles. Her mom tried to calm her down and told her the water was to dangerous from the storm. She knew she couldn’t just stand around and wait and wonder what if, she had to do something. Ava ripped out of her mothers grasp and ran to the shore, leaving her mother screaming franticly behind. Ava saw Jake struggling in the ocean. Ava ran to her friends need but was swept of the shore into the icy water. She managed to grab a hold of his hand. The two best friends looked at each other, both of their lungs filled with water and knew they weren’t going to make it out of the ocean alive. They were both so far out and the waves were to over bearing that it would be next to impossible to survive. Ava and Jake clung to each other while they both slowly submerged under the waves. Friendship is thick and true and without it no one could survie.