Brace Face | Teen Ink

Brace Face

Brace Face, that's what everyone calls me. Just because I have brackets, wires, and rubberbands bonded to my teeth. It's not my fault that I'd set off an airport metal detector.

I hate it when people call me Brace Face, Tinsel Teeth, Metal Mouth, Jabber Jaws, Chomper,or Snappy. They don't seem to understand that they actually hurt- not the kind of hurt that you can get a kiss from mom to make it all better.

It's a throbbing pain that pounds in your teeth, travels up your neck, and decides to have a hammer party in your head.

I know what you're thinking: Who is this crazy person and why is she is she talking about braces?

I'll get straight to the point, just so you don't get antsy, like my little brother, Bryan, when he's waiting for me tell a story. I'm Natalie and, well, let's just say I'm not the prettiest of the bunch. I'm fourteen and I have thick plastic glasses because I inherited my inability to see my own two feet without my glasses from my mom.

I have blue eyes with long lashes, a round face, a petite body, small feet, and a sweet tooth. I love to bake everything from chocolate cake to cookies. Let's see, anything I've missed? No, OK, let the fun begin.

I'm getting my braces off! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Finally! My orthodontist, Dr. Pritchett, said that they're coming off in a week! I can hear the Hallelujah chorus now! I really want to see my smile!

I love how straight my teeth are! I can't over the feel of my teeth! They're so smooth compared to metal! My mouth is free! Free at last! Let freedom ring!