Last Leaf on the Tree

The sky has just darkened. The wind was cold and stiff against my numb, brittle, leafy skin. I let the wind blow me in many directions. And then I remember one of my greatest worries, that has been confirmed. The winter is coming. And I knew that some of my friends were gone. But I was hoping it was just because they wanted to.

I almost felt frost bitten. The air was crisp and all of the leaves fell quiet. Most were asleep. Goose Bumps rose on my skin and I shivered. I saw more and more leaves fall even in their sleep. I didn't feel good about it but I was proud that I hadn't fell. It also scared me that I could be one of them.

The week after some of the first leaves fell we all started turning colors. I was a dull red in the middle and bright orange on the ends. The wind felt like what humans would call "hurricane" winds. I'm lonely and nervous. I don't want to go like the others. There is only a dozen of leafs left. But, I'm mostly scared of what will happen when I'm finally gone.
*********

I'm the last leaf on the tree now. I'm scared and cold. But most of all lonely. The air is brisk, I hope this doesn't go on for long. While the others were falling the seemed peaceful. But I am filled with anguish to know what it' like.
*********

I'm shaking vigorously now. I'm about to snap. I can feel it in my core. This terrifies me. There was a large gust of wind and another and another. And I could feel the fibers of my stem tare apart. And I fell twirling to the ground. I closed my eyes. The ground was solid and cold. But I fell asleep any ways.