scene play:funeral | Teen Ink

scene play:funeral

June 9, 2011
By lax4lfye23 BRONZE, Bayport, New York
lax4lfye23 BRONZE, Bayport, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

INT-WAKE-NIGHT






NARRATOR
As Ryan walked into the funeral home, he could see many people there weeping and crying of the death of Guy George. He makes his way to the casket, where another young man is staring at Guy.











RYAN
Hello. How are you sir? How do you know Guy?





WEIRD GUY

……….






RYAN







Oh okay nice to meet you too.




















NARRATOR
The man startled by Ryan, pulled his hand quickly away from Guy’s face. The weird guy was very skinny, with these big bifocal glasses with yellow teeth.













WEIRD GUY
I was doing fine till you came over…Well I know Guy from…hmmm…uhh…hmmm







NARRATOR
The weird guy started to sweat and his stutter got worse and worse. Then he finally was able to say…













WEIRD GUY

We were fr fr fr …friends. We were friends.

























RYAN






Oh I see. Where did you guys meet?











WEIRD GUY





I don’t know. And I don’t remember.
RYAN




How can you not remember him? He was the greatest person ever!!!!
WEIRD GUY

No he wasn’t’, he was a dirtbag (he said softly under his breathe) hahahaha

RYAN
What did you say sir?


WEIRD GUY

Oh nothing haha oh nothing… (said in a creepy voice)


NARRATOR
Ryan was very creeped out by the weird guy but he just ignored the weird behaviors. Like when the guy would run his fingers through Guy’s hair or across Guy’s lips.











RYAN
Oh same, but we have been best friends since we were five. I can’t believe he was poisoned…who would ever do something like that? When we were young we use go to the park and play ball everyday after school. He was like a brother to me and now he gone…




WEIRD GUY








Don’t worry he’s in a better place now, where he can hurt, beat or steal anyone’s stuff!!!!















RYAN

What the hell are you saying man? Are you crazy or something?











WEIRD GUY

Sorry for my outburst and constant jibber jabber of words but never again call me crazy!

























NARRATOR

Ryan went silent for a couple of minutes, and started to think about Guy again and didn’t say a word. You could see Ryan’s eyes start to water and one by one tears fell from his eyes.










WEIRD GUY
But im sorry for your lost…Ryan.












NARRATOR
Ryan’s head jerked up and stared at the man. His eyes were concentrated on the man’s mouth.

RYAN
I never told you my name. How do you know my name?
NARRATOR
The weird guy smiled a smile that hit Ryan right in the face. He knew that smile from somewhere and his voice sounded familiar too. Ryan started to get frustrated, that he couldn’t remember who he was.









WEIRD GUY
You don’t remember me; do ya…in elementary school…the boy you and Guy use to pick on everyday before, during and after school. Do you remember the pain you caused me? The tears and screams that would come out of me? How bad you would abuse me? Do you huh do you?










SCEEN PLAY: FLASHBACK


NARRATOR

It was 1988,fifth grade to be exact. Guy and Ryan were roaming the halls after school when they approached a kid that was small, skinny and that wore these big glasses that had a piece of tape wrapped around it in the middle. The kid was at his locker, then out of nowhere Ryan wrestled the kid to the ground…pinning him to the floor. Which gave Guy the chance to kick and punch the little boy. Bloody murder screams came for the boy.









WEIRD GUY
HELP! SOMEONE HELP ME! HELPPPPPPPPPP!










NARRATOR


The boy started to cry and in defense rolled up into a ball. Ryan and Guy stole all of his money, his bag and his house key then walked away laughing.









END OF SCENE
















NARRATOR
Ryan’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped, he didn’t know what to say.









RYAN
Uh.Uh.Uh











WEIRD GUY
You couldn’t even remember my name. You were an a**hole then and your a**hole now. I guess people never change and Guy really deserved what I did to him.



NARATOR



In frustration the Weird Guy slammed the top of Guy’s casket with all his might and let out a loud screamed that echoed through the whole building. Then he picked up his jacket, and calmly left the wake.














END OF SCENE