Chosen | Teen Ink

Chosen

June 1, 2011
By GodsGirl36 PLATINUM, Topeka, Kansas
GodsGirl36 PLATINUM, Topeka, Kansas
48 articles 3 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing.


I approached the clearing where I first saw him. nothing seemed to have changed. Tall trees still encosed the area on three sides, leaving an opening like a window, framing the beautiful view of the mountains. The bright sun still peeked through the lush greenry, illuminating the boulder I was standing on when my eyes first looked upon him. It was so peaceful and beautiful, untouched by manknd's destructive technologies, pure. That was what had drawn me there in the first place......or maybe it was his doing all along.....most likely.
I moved slowly across the clearing afraid to disturb the peace. Reaching the boulder, I stuck my hand in a crack and pulled myself up. the warmth of the rock spread through my fingers and down my arm, racing to my heart. I hauled my body to the top and there I stood, looking out at the glorious picture before me. The mountain valley, rolling in green, dotted in purple and orange wildflowers, was breath-taking. I was in awe.
A faint rustle behind me caused me to spin around. Excitement and shock filled me. He was there, walking between the same two trees, dressed in jeans and a green button-down t-shirt. The same shine reflected in his deep green eyes, an infectious joy that almost knocked me off my feet. He smiled and my breathing almost ceased.
"Hello, my friend!" he said, his voice ringing like church bells on a wedding day.
"H-h-hello, " I stammered in disbelief. This beautiful creation was talking to me!! Unbelieveable. Before I thought it was a dream....but to happen again.....surely this isn't real?
"It's so wonderful to see you again!! I was afraid you wouldn't come back to me! I was so terrified." he exclaimed, tears now forming in the corners of his eyes.
This perfect creature was crying because he was afraid he wouldn't see me again??? Impossible!! I wanted to reach out and dry his tears, comfort him, let him know I couldn't possibly leave his side.
"Of course I would come back to you!! How could I not?"
The tears vanished, replaced by another brilliant smile.
"Wonderful! Splendid! Fantastic!" he exclaimed, the light in his emerald eyes shining brighter than before, "I would hate to lose one I love."
He loves me? This paragon of perfection loves me, a dirty no-good kid with an attitude? No way!
"Yes, I hate to lose my beloved ones, the people I have chosen." He paused and looked up at me, drilling me with his emerald gaze.
"I have chosen you."
Wait....what? An explosion of amazement and joy filled my soul. This amazing creation had chosen me! An enormous grin stretched across my lips as I took in the sight before me.
The man's deep green eyes seemed to hold the sun's very lightsource within them; happiness almost tangibly spilled from the twin emerald pools. His full lips parted in a delirious grin, showing brilliant white teeth. He tossed his head back and let loose a gleeful laugh, one that came not only from the belly but from the heart. His whole body shook with laughter, his long, chestnut brown hair rustling behind him. The sight was glorious.
Capturing my gaze again, he repeated:
"I have chosen you. I have declared you mine. I knew you before you were even born. I know your heart. I died in your place, took your pain on my shoulders. I fought the Prince of Darkness for your very soul. And now, I have won your heart. Beloved, you are mine."
Tears cascaded down his face as he told me of his sacrifices, of his great and endless love for me. I lifted a hand and touched the tears on my face as well. My heart was so full of love for this man, it felt like it would burst. I suddenly understood. He was my rock, my light, my path, my everything.
I threw myself off the boulder, landing in the grass on my knees. Twisting my hands into the grass, I pushed myself to my feet and ran to him. He stood there, smiling, holding his arms open for me. I rushed headlong into his arms and held on tight. His arms closed around me, wrapping me in his warmth and love. I closed my eyes tightly. Never had I known a love like this. Never had I felt so cherished and wanted.
I knew then, that I had finally, truly come home.