"A bad night"

I woke up in a dark Saturday night. The clock was striking back and forth when I look at it. It was exactly midnight when I heard my baby brother cry. Slowly I heard footprints coming down the stairs so I quickly run into the living room and sat down on the couch pretending I was doing something important.
“What in the world are you doing up at this time.” My mom says to me with curiosity
“I woke and I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I come up hear.”
“And you think by coming up hear gonna help you go to sleep.”
“I didn’t say that.” I look at her with a straight eye
“Get your self off the couch and go back to bed this instant before I take you myself.”
I slowly got off the couch and start heading to my room. I purposely toke baby step like I was just learning to walk. On my way down the stairs I slipped but before I could fall I grabbed on the doorknob. I look around to make sure that no one was spying on me. I pulled my door opened and slammed it close. I sat on my bed for a few minutes and then lay down and slowly went to sleep.

The next morning my mom dragged my sleepy body out of bed and say that we were going to church today.
“Mom do I have to go to church? I am as tired as a hard workingman. I didn’t get much sleep last night.”
“You know that Sunday is always church day, now get your lazy butt up and go get ready, you have 15 minutes to be upstairs.” She walk out and slam the door.
I hate going to church, all the people do is talk, talk and talk. I’m sick of it. It’s like going to training and sat down on one chair listening to one-person fill your brain with nonsense. By ten minutes I was upstairs, everyone was already eating their oatmeal. I walk in the dinning room with my face facing down. My mom looked at me with a face that says I’m tired all over it.

She also didn’t get enough sleep. Which mean my baby brother was up all night.
“ Mom you look tired.”
“ You and your brother gave me a hard time last night.”
“He was crying all night and I couldn’t figure out why.”
“ Maybe he had stomach problems.”
“Yea, maybe.”
From this point I know my mom was not going to have a good day. Especially cause it was my brother fault and I. I feel like I need to apologize but what difference would it make. I mean its not like we can go back and change time.

During church I spent the whole time looking at my mom and watching my little brother standing in front of everyone dancing like crazy to the beat of the music. He was having the best time of his life while mom was sitting frustrated on his seat not even moving her lip to sing. I went over to her. I didn’t know what to say to her but sitting their looking at the frustration that I cause her. Usually mom is the one telling us to stay up. This time she was sitting on the bench with her head leaning on dad’s shoulder, with her arm cross and her eyes close. I gently tapped her on the shoulder as she slowly open her eyes. She looks at me.
“ Do you need something honey.” She said to me
“Yes, can I tell you something?”
“Of course you can, you don’t need to ask me that.”
“ Mom, I’m really sorry that my brother and me kept you up all night. I know if my brother could talk he would say sorry to you to. I love you.”
“Come hear”, she said as she pulls me closer to her.
She gave me a hug as she whisper to my ears. “ It’s okay, I love you to.