Times of a Two-Year Old | Teen Ink

Times of a Two-Year Old

April 4, 2011
By ZydecoVivo PLATINUM, Concord, North Carolina
ZydecoVivo PLATINUM, Concord, North Carolina
38 articles 1 photo 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I reject your reallity and substitute my own"- Adam Savage
"Words have no power to impress without the exquisite horror of their reality."-Edgar Allen Poe
"It's not that the questions were too hard, it's that they were too easy."-Ayn Rand


When I lived in the Sudbury house I would jump up and down on a piece of wood that spanned a small ravine in the backyard. It was like my own little trampoline. Sometimes Daddy would jump with me. Occasionally I would fall and Daddy would put a band-aid on my cut then Mommy would put one of her magical kisses on it. Then everything would be better.

When I lived in the Sudbury house I’d play with our cats, Peppermint and Spot. Tug of war was our favorite game. I usually won. Peppermint would cheat on the rest. She would jump at me and cover my face in spit, making me let go, while Spot held tight to the little rope. When we were done we would watch Teletubbies.

When I lived in the Sudbury house Mommy would play hide-and-seek with me. She never found me because I would crouch behind the washer or on top of the kitchen cabinets. Sometimes I hid in the racecar Daddy was building in garage. Daddy was at work when we would play so he never knew.

When I lived in the Sudbury house Daddy would put me up in the tree in our front yard. He never let me fall and sometimes he would let me climb by myself. I loved it up there; the view of our street was great. The only things I didn’t like were the caterpillars that came in spring. They were icky and green.

When I lived in the Sudbury house Daddy and I would try to coax the stray dog that lived on our street to let us pet him. Buddy never let either of us, but he would take the food Mommy put out. He was a strange dog. We would’ve adopted him if he had let us take him to the vet.

Eventually I would move. Peppermint went to my neighbor, Nana Nora. Spot was sent to another family. I left the only place I had ever known. My parents would divorce, but everything was okay. I moved with Mommy to a place called Fawnbrook. Daddy would pick me up on Sundays and I’d spend the day with him. The Sudbury house was rented and then sold. I’ll never forget that house though. One day I will return. I’ll walk in through that door and breathe in a familiar scent that had faded with age. I’m sure I’ll remember things. The ghosts of memories will play, like a movie, in my mind. They will be trapped in time, space and in me for eternity.


The author's comments:
These are my memories of being 2 and 3.