Drop!

I sink my hands into the white walls around me, feeling my breath tear in and out of my throat in short, erratic gasps. Glassy beads of hot perspiration roll across my forehead as I glance downwards at the dizzying drop below me, feeling the nausea bubble and froth in my stomach, threatening to burst out of my mouth. The wind brushes against my face and I shrink back, the pungent taste of my terror sting my tongue. With much difficulty I swallow down my heart and bite my lip.
My entire future relies on me jumping out that door. Beyond that threshold lies my career, what I was born and raised for. This one moment is my entire life. I can chose to jump, just one little hop, a tiny skip into my lifetime of honoring my family, carrying on the tradition. One short five- second freefall and I’ll have the most prestigious job in all of nature.
I step back with a shudder and collapse. I can’t do it.
I don’t want to be a raindrop.

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy said...

Oooooooh! Free cookies? Don't mind if I do! *virtually snatches a chocolate chip cookie from the 'Cookie

Jar' jar then begins to nom on it* Nom, nom, nom...

lol Now, I've had my fun. When I first saw the title, I wasn't sure what to expect. But I think realized that it had something to do with the weather when I got to the part where it said, "...one short five-second freefall and I'll have the most prestigious job in nature..." I think it was 'nature' that tipped ... (more »)

MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy replied...
Just ignore the last half of that first post. TI does that often. If your post is long enough, and you have to click the 'more' button to see the rest of it, for some reason it always seems to double the post. I've only ever had it not do that once.